We've owned three different double strollers since the girls were born. I already reviewed the Double Snap'n'Go, but we have two more that we use frequently.
We have an InStep double jogging stroller. This is a side by side double stroller and it looks something like this:
We have an InStep double jogging stroller. This is a side by side double stroller and it looks something like this:

Ours is an older model that we bought from a garage sale, but it is essentially the same kind of stroller. Sadly, I do not use this stroller to jog. I'm so out of shape, I think I would require CPR after the first few blocks. But if I ever did decide to jog, it would be great!
PROS:
- Easy to open, snaps open quickly and you don't have attach anything else to the stroller
- BIG storage area under the stroller for huge diaper bags
- The seats totally recline and are adjustable, so you can use it when your babies are a little smaller and you want them to lay down.
- The seats adjust individually, so if baby #1 wants to sit up and #2 wants to lay down, you are good to go.
- SMOOTH handling!! I really love how easily it maneuvers wherever I go. You can push it with one hand while pulling a grocery cart with the other.
- Cup holder and little storage area for keys or cell phone in the handle
- The straps can be used with shoulder straps or without, depending on how big your babes are
- Hard to fold down, in my opinion. You have to hold a button down and slide another button at the same time, then fold forward. It always takes me a while to get it down.
- Pretty big in the trunk. It fits in our car trunk, but is pretty bulky.
- Doesn't fit through some doors and check out lines. I can usually squeeze through most small doors, but sometimes I'm scraping the side. And I usually have to take the stroller around at the grocery store because the check out lines are too thin.
- Babies can touch each other. This was fine at first, but now they steal each others pacifiers, toys, snacks....I wish they made a dividing wall. Actually, on the newer version, it looks like there is a divider, which would be AWESOME!
Here's a picture of my girls in our double jogger:
The final stroller I'm going to review (until I buy a new one, of course) is our front to back Graco stroller. It looks similar to this:
Ours is an older model that we bought from a garage sale (Of course! We're poor!). This is my official shopping stroller. I think this stroller is just okay. I don't hate it....it works. But it isn't awesome.PROS:
- Front to back means no touching, pinching, biting, or stealing. Let there be peace.
- Easy to snap kids into the stroller
- Easy to open and close. There is a clip on the side of the stroller that keeps it closed for you.
- Is not easy to maneuver. Definitely needs two hands, which means it is VERY difficult to push this stroller and pull a cart behind you.
- No shoulder straps on mine
- See the two 'umbrellas' over the seats? And the front table thing? They all are removable and come off. In fact, it won't fold up with those on it. This is a pain in the rear to me. I usually don't even mess with the other parts, because once I get the stroller in my trunk, I don't have room for the two umbrella things. I don't like have to assemble and disassemble this stroller every time it folds up.
- The storage area is pretty big, but not wide. I usually have to shove my diaper bag down in there.
- I would never take this on a trail or on bumpy side walks. I know it isn't a jogging stroller, and ours is a few years old, but it just doesn't feel very sturdy. I only use it for shopping purposes.
I definitely believe in having several strollers. Each one is useful for different occasions...it's just hard to sort through all the choices and find one that works for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment