Friday, May 29, 2009

8 Weeks Old....Again!

The girls turned 8 weeks old on Tuesday.


Brooks and I remember another 8 week milestone and pictures we have of the girls...we were so excited to hear that there were still two little beans growing for us to love! Here are the girls' 8 week ultrasounds:
On Tuesday, we took the girls to their 2 month pediatrician appointment. I would just like to say that it isn't easy to get myself, Brooks, and two baby girls dressed, fed, and ready to be out the door by 9:30 a.m. There is always some crying, desperate searches for clothing items, and pacifier hunting that ensues.

With that being said, we arrived to the doctor's appointment promptly at 9:40a.m. I think I was sweating, and we had lost a blanket in the hall. The lovely receptionist then informed us that our appointment was on THURSDAY...not Tuesday! I could NOT believe we went on the wrong day.

So we went back to the doctor's office Thursday.
Maya weighs 9 pounds, 8 ounces and Gianna is 9 pounds, 9 ounces! They are getting to be big girls! They also received their 2 month vaccinations. The girls cried and were fussy the next day, but not too bad.

We had a great Memorial Day weekend! We were able to drive up to Portage on Sunday evening and spend the night at Brooks' parent's home (there were 6 kids--3 kids under the age of 1--and 3 dogs....crazy!). Monday was our niece Addie's birthday party...I can't believe she is 1 already! I'm going to put up pictures of the party because Andy and Leah never update their blog (Haha...just kidding, guys! But not really...it's true).

Addie and Grandma Sayer

Addie starting on her cake...
Getting messy!
Here, Daddy...want some cake?
Mmm....cake is good!
This is our adorable nephew Cade...I think he was eating some frosting (don't tell his momma!)
Holly and Sean....he's so cute!

I love chubby babies...look at those rolls! Why is it that fat rolls on adults aren't as cute?

After Addie's party, we went over to my Mom's house for a cookout with the Mitchell family. The girls were pretty fussy by that time...they stayed up way too long that day!

Here's Gianna with great grandma Maneen
The girls with their other great grandma, Nana...two is quite the armful!
Maya and mommy
Gigi and Great Aunt Becky
Four generations...Maneen, my Mom, me, and the girls
This blog is getting pretty long, but I'm going to finish up with some new pictures of our girls. They are changing each week! They are starting to smile at us once in a while...adorable! The girls are still sleeping really well at night (5-6 hours of sleep), and we are starting to push them to sleep more by moving their bedtime up.

I'm still feeding them only breast milk, but I've been pumping and then giving them bottles of breast milk. They will drink a bottle in around 10 minutes each...this is saving me tons of time, and I think I'm a happier mom because of it.


Maya doesn't understand the concept of tummy time...she thinks it means sleepy time!
Gigi sleeping soundly in her swaddle....only minutes later, the swaddle was off.
Maya spit up all over Brooks...it was everywhere. Gross. Notice the chunks on her leg.
"I'm cute and I smile at Daddy!"
Gigi was smiling, except when the camera came out. This was the best I could get!
Maya is starting to love baths...
...Gianna just tolerates them, but doesn't scream the whole time. Progress!
Mommy and Daddy love you, Maya and Gigi!

5 comments:

Megan said...

They are SO cute...and starting to get some chub.

Believe it or not, they are almost as big as Monty was when he was born (9lbs 10oz). He never even had a chance to wear any of his newborn clothes....at least Agatha was in them for a couple weeks!

Oh! My baby update: Agatha has a tooth :) It's very exciting. And she belly laughed for the first time today...at her brother, of course.

Amazing things are happening with your girls and it just keeps getting better. Every day is a blessing in our house and every day I am amazed at the power of children. Congrats to your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

Yes, congrats! They are looking so different already too! Isn't it amazing how two little babies can be so different already! I'm so glad they're still sleeping for you. Makes life so much easier, huh? Are you planning on going back to work? Since I was off 2 months before mine were born I had to go back when they were 8 weeks old - just like your babies are now. It was so hard and I cried all of the time. But, we kinda need health insurance! Those kids get expensive with all of those dr apts x2! You and Brooks still look so happy and held together, although you may not feel it! You look like you're dealing with things so beautifully!

aunt kim said...

oh my goodness! i love all the pictures. if i had to pick a favorite, it would be maya's bath picture! she is so cute! pictures still don't do my gigi justice. i was just going to bug you to update your blog with the new pictures and you did! good job, mommy! you are wonderful. :-)

Dawn Molnar said...

The girls are getting soooo big! My mom and I went garage saling this morning and I picked up a few little sunsuits for Maya and Gigi. Now to just figure out how to get them to you. I just might have to make a quick trip down to Logansport.

Micah said...

I'm so glad you were able to get Brooks dressed--twice--for the doctor's appointments. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...