I can't believe the girls are 6 weeks old already!
Maya
Gianna

Supposedly, 6 weeks is the 'magic week', where suddenly the babies stop crying...start sleeping all night...breastfeeding becomes a cinch...and life becomes miraculously wonderful. I read this in a book somewhere. Not those exact words, of course, but I'm sure it was something similar.
So far, nothing magical has happened. But I have noticed that slowly and surely, day by day, things are getting easier.
I'm still breastfeeding at this point. I have contemplated giving up many, many times, but I'm still hanging in there. I have no clue how long I will continue breastfeeding. Right now I'm just taking it day by day. I'm not worrying as much about the girls getting enough to eat....they poop and pee SO MUCH that I figure they must be getting enough. The amount of grossness that comes out of these two is mind boggling.
One of the reasons breastfeeding is still happening is because of cable. Brooks and I haven't had television in our house since July....we finally broke down and now we have cable. This gives me something to do while breastfeeding and makes the time go by quickly. I was trying to read, but reading while breastfeeding is a tricky and messy thing. I don't think the library will appreciate all the breast milk and spit up that is on some of their books. The cable and tv were my Mother's Day gift.
Speaking of Mother's Day....my mom and sister were down here that weekend. We had a great time with them, and my brave sister even volunteered to babysit BOTH girls while the rest of us went out to dinner. I hadn't been to a restaurant since the girls were born...it was WONDERFUL! Aunt Kim did a great job...the girls were alive when we got home! :)
Here are some Mother's Day highlights:
Grandma and Gianna
Maya and Gianna...in the sun...not the greatest picture. They look ticked off.
Our little family
Grandma with both girls...it's a challenge holding two!
Aunt Kim and Maya
Brooks cooking us up some steaks...mmm...
Norah being wonderful
Here's some other random baby pictures from 6 weeks...they are getting chubby!
Gigi
Maya
Gianna
Supposedly, 6 weeks is the 'magic week', where suddenly the babies stop crying...start sleeping all night...breastfeeding becomes a cinch...and life becomes miraculously wonderful. I read this in a book somewhere. Not those exact words, of course, but I'm sure it was something similar.
So far, nothing magical has happened. But I have noticed that slowly and surely, day by day, things are getting easier.
I'm still breastfeeding at this point. I have contemplated giving up many, many times, but I'm still hanging in there. I have no clue how long I will continue breastfeeding. Right now I'm just taking it day by day. I'm not worrying as much about the girls getting enough to eat....they poop and pee SO MUCH that I figure they must be getting enough. The amount of grossness that comes out of these two is mind boggling.
One of the reasons breastfeeding is still happening is because of cable. Brooks and I haven't had television in our house since July....we finally broke down and now we have cable. This gives me something to do while breastfeeding and makes the time go by quickly. I was trying to read, but reading while breastfeeding is a tricky and messy thing. I don't think the library will appreciate all the breast milk and spit up that is on some of their books. The cable and tv were my Mother's Day gift.
Speaking of Mother's Day....my mom and sister were down here that weekend. We had a great time with them, and my brave sister even volunteered to babysit BOTH girls while the rest of us went out to dinner. I hadn't been to a restaurant since the girls were born...it was WONDERFUL! Aunt Kim did a great job...the girls were alive when we got home! :)
Here are some Mother's Day highlights:
Grandma and Gianna
Maya and Gianna...in the sun...not the greatest picture. They look ticked off.
Our little family
Grandma with both girls...it's a challenge holding two!
Aunt Kim and Maya
Brooks cooking us up some steaks...mmm...
Norah being wonderful
Here's some other random baby pictures from 6 weeks...they are getting chubby!
Gigi
Ever notice how some babies open their eyes SUPER WIDE when they are awake? Gigi is one of those babies...I have a hard time getting good pictures of her. Sometimes she just look scary!
Big...
Bigger...
Biggest!
Big...
Bigger...
Biggest!
Yikes!
7 comments:
i love the pictures of gigi, it is so true! and yay for cable! i'm so glad you have something more fun to do now. do you feed them on the couch? good luck this weekend! love you all.
ps we bought some 0-3 outfits for you last sunday with the jcp coupons.
oh and the girls were more than alive when you got home! they were fed, pj'ed, diapered, and in their crib!!!
I love your posts...they always make me smile :)
Brooks is holding Maya like a football in your family picture. :)
are they getting cuter?!! is that even possible?
I love the pics! The last ones of Gia made me laugh! Soooo cute! I'm miss them so much when I look at the pics. I will have to try to get these pics on my new key chain picture thingy. HA! I love you all! MOM
Jill, you look amazing for having twins! I hope things start getting easier. Breast feeding is tough for sure, I can't imagine how hard it would be with two! Your girls are beautiful:).
Post a Comment