Saturday, June 13, 2015

Last Day

Tomorrow is our last Sunday at Central Montcalm Community Church. 


Since I blogged last, I feel like life has been a whirlwind.  We resigned from our church, I've had to train/find new leaders for our MOPS group, we started organizing and getting rid of stuff we don't want to move, the twins had their LAST day of kindergarten (they are so big!), Jorja had a birthday (she's 2 now!), we've had not one but 2 garage sales, experienced a lot of 'lasts'  with people we love, we've applied at several different churches, celebrated mother's day, my birthday, and our anniversary, didn't get the first church we were really hoping for, and had some new opportunities come up that we didn't expect but seem promising. 

It's been a long, hard, wonderful, bittersweet month in our house. 

The girls are dealing with the move fairly well.  Olivia has been struggling a bit and tearful when we talk about moving.  The twins seems excited to have a new house, but sad to leave friends, teachers, and a school that they love.

Here is a comparison picture from the twins' first day of Kindergarten and their last: 


They have grown so much...not only in height, but in who they are as people.  They are both so smart, kind, and compassionate.  They love making new friends, doing crafts, reading, and being together.  Sometimes I'm a bit jealous that I didn't have a twin sister!  They always have a built in best friend and playmate...someone their age, who knows them almost as well as they know themselves.  It's awesome. 

On Memorial Day, our village has a big SpringFest weekend that happens.  There are carnival rides, food, games, a parade, a car show...so much going on!  Our church is always in the parade, but this year, the worship team had to stand on a float and sing.  While the float was moving.  Yes...this was dangerous! 

The girls walked/rode in the parade and Brooks and I sang.  I was so afraid I would fall!  But, we survived!  During the parade, we hand out spoons to the crowd and invite them into the church for free ice cream.  We always have tons of people who come...it was such a fun day! 



I mentioned my MOPS group earlier.  I had my last MOPS meeting with these awesome ladies...I'm really going to miss them.  They have been an incredibly blessing to me!



Tomorrow is our last Sunday here.  I keep telling myself that, but it's so hard to believe. 

Oh, and to answer everyone's question:  No, we don't know where we're going next. 

We're moving out a week from today, and since we don't have another job/church lined up yet, we're moving up to the upper peninsula of Michigan for a few weeks.  Brooks' mom and dad have graciously agreed to let us stay in their someday-retirement/vacation home in Sault Ste Marie.  It's going to be nice to have some time off...I'm just hoping it's not TOO much time.

And, because I know my girls will probably read this someday...I just want you girls to know how faithful God is.  I've been thinking about it so much lately.  When we lived in Indiana, we didn't have many close friends.  It was a very lonely time in our lives.  When we made the move to Michigan, I prayed that God would bless Brooks and I with close friends here. 

He has exceeded my expectations.  We have had so many precious people come into our lives the last three years.  It makes me cry just thinking about it.  And not just surface level friends, but REAL friends who love us, support us, pray for us, and laugh with us.

God has blessed us here.

And because He has answered not only that prayer, but so many before that, we're trusting in His will and His timing.  We're trusting that He has a place for us to minister and that He will lead us and guide us.   He is so good.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...