Hey there!
I really regret not blogging more in the past few years.
I haven't written anything since January (yikes) and even last year, barely blogged. But I want to stop being a slacker, especially because life is starting to change for us.
So what's going on?
Well, we resigned from our church last Sunday. Brooks was at church during a 24 hours prayer event and felt very certain that God was telling him that his call here in Sheridan was finished. Because we love the church here and didn't really want to leave, it took a few weeks of prayer and fasting to get both of us to agree.
We are sad about going--we've been blessed with some of the best friends here. We love them dearly, but when God calls you to go, you need to go.
So we resigned. It was so hard...so many tears. But we know that it isn't 'our' church, it's God's church. And as much as we love it, He loves it and wants good things for it even more than we do. So we're convinced He has someone much better than us in mind to lead the church here.
And at this point, no, we don't have anywhere else to go.
We're just trusting that the same God who closed the door here will open another door for us somewhere else. We really hope that transition will be soon, but we don't know. So if you think of us, pray for us. Pray that God will lead us and that we'll continue to listen and hear His voice.
Our last Sunday here is June 14th, then we'll be moving out by the end of June. Hopefully we'll have somewhere to go by then, but if not, we'll figure something out. God always provides.
So what else is new with us?
- The twins turned 6 in March and Olivia turned 4. I can't believe my babies are getting so big! We had a big 'rainbow' birthday party, complete with an awesome cake, a bounce house, and lots of friends.
- Jorja is growing like a weed and will be 2 in a few weeks. She is into EVERYTHING and so independent. She's such a little cutie, though...I just adore her.
- I'm still a stay at home mom. For the past year, I was working from home for a neighbor, helping her with her cake business. But I'm not doing that anymore. I love staying home with the girls...but I really miss working. Depending on where we go, I'll probably look for a job this Fall.
- The twins are doing GREAT in Kindergarten. Oh my goodness, Gianna is such a great reader! Out of nowhere, she just started picking it up so easily. She can read almost any kids book. Maya is a good reader, too, and such an artist. She is always drawing us pictures.
- The girls play together so well. I love having 'big girls' who can help around the house.
- Olivia will start preschool in the Fall, assuming it's an option wherever we move to.
- I've been leading a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group for the past 2 years, and have to pass the torch now. We have an amazing group of 18-20 moms...I'm heart broken to leave them, but God is providing leaders and moms to step up. It doesn't make it easier, though :(
I guess that's a good summary. Life is good. But things are changing.
Here are some updated pictures of the girls...so big!
Here are some updated pictures of the girls...so big!
Jorja, Maya, Gianna, and Olivia





No comments:
Post a Comment