Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas 2014

Christmas this year was fun.

Our good friend, Keebler the Elf, was back in our lives for the month of December.

I feel like Keebler was the original Elf on the Shelf, before it was cool (hipster Elf?).  When I was growing up, we had a few Christmas traditions, but because we were blessed to have grandparents nearby, we always spent holidays with our extended family. 

I remember going over to my Nana and Papaw's house and they had two of these little elves.  They had bendy arms and legs, and every time we would go to Nana's house, she would move the elf somewhere new around the living room.  I remember having so much fun finding the elf! 

When Nana moved out of her house and into an apartment, she gave away some of her Christmas decorations (she had TONS).   I was thrilled to be given one of the elves. 

After our girls were born, I wanted to continue the tradition of hiding the little elf.  We told the girls his name was Keebler.  Unlike the Elf on the Shelf, Keebler doesn't report back to Santa or anything like that.  He just hides every night and they have to find him in the morning.  Sometimes he does funny things, but most of the time, he just hides and gives the girls something exciting to do every morning.




Keebler leaves us every year and goes back to the North Pole.  I'm pretty sure the girls are still in mourning...they miss him.

We went and cut down a Christmas tree this year.  It was so pretty, full, and somewhat symmetrical.  I was sad to take it down...it was just beautiful!

We tried to take some family pictures while getting the Christmas tree...they didn't work out too well.  I was bummed that it wasn't snowing and the girls were cold, and we only had a few minutes of light left.  We did the best we could!
 





 

Here is a picture of our tree, when we started decorating it the next day.  I totally forgot to take an 'after' picture...so you'll just have to trust me that it was beautiful!



1 comment:

Moosler said...

awww!!! We have an elf (Hermie) that has sat in our tree every year, even before it was cool to have an elf. The dude can remember it being in his tree when he was growing up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...