Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sigh.

Did you know that it's MARCH!?!

Yes, March.  Which makes it almost 4 months since I've blogged. It's terrible.

Honestly, I've been behind for so long that I feel totally overwhelmed with catching up.  The only motivation right now is knowing how much my family loves reading our blog books (I print out my blog each year) and seeing what happened in our lives that year.

So because of this, I will catch up.  I must catch up!

Here's a quick recap of our lives, since it's been MONTHS!

1. Maya and Gianna are still in preschool.  They love it and each have 'best friends' at school.  They are dropped off at 11:30, eat lunch at school, play/learn, play outside, then ride the bus home.  We just had parent/teacher conferences and the girls are doing great.  In April we have Kindergarten roundup and I'm totally not ready for that.

2.  This has been the WORST winter.  Seriously.  The girls have had 17 snow days so far.  We have had snow, snow, snow, freezing cold temps, more snow, more coldness, wind, ice...it's been terrible.  It's been so cold that there were days when I woke up to ice on the INSIDE of our kitchen door.  The pipes froze once.  The ice has seeped into our door jam and froze again so we can shut the door...Brooks had to drill another hole so the door could shut.
I love winter, snow, and cold.  But this winter?  I'm ready to be finished.  It has been so cold that the girls can't even play outside in the snow.

3.  We just accepted a call to stay at our current church for another 4 years.  This doesn't mean we don't have the option to leave--we do.  It just means that the church wants us here and they voted for us to stay for 4 more years. 

4. I'm leading our MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group at our church.  I love it.

5.  I'm now helping lead worship at church.  It's a hugely out of my comfort zone....mostly because I've always believed I had a terrible voice.  But I'm learning to 'blend' and I guess my voice isn't as bad as I thought.....or at least, they haven't kicked me off the worship team yet.

6.  Olivia....oh, Olivia.  That little one is a piece of work.  She will be 3 soon.  She pees in the potty but refuses to poop there.  She's stubborn, independent, and absolutely adorable.  She's in a 'big girl' bed now and loves Dora, unicorns, rainbows, fairies, and animals.

7.  Miss Jorja Hope is getting SO big!  She's around 9 months old now.  She eats baby food, finger foods, and just starting crawling and pulling herself up on her knees this week.  She is so sweet.  Jorja has two bottom teeth and I think she has a few more coming in, based on the amount of drool and snot coming out of her face.  She adores her big sisters.

8.  All three older girls have been taking a ballet/tap dance class for the past 8 weeks.  They just love it...and I love watching them.


Here's a picture of Jorja from today.  Olivia decorated her head with sparkly star stickers.  Poor thing. :)

So that's the quick recap of our current lives.  Stay tuned, I'm going to (slowly) start adding more posts on what the blog has missed out on for the past few months.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the update! I would love to know what company you used to print your blog books, I would like to get mine done yearly also. I look forward to your postings coming soon :)

Stephen and Michelle said...

Congrats on the vote!!!!!!
Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...