Saturday, December 28, 2013

Family Christmas #1

This year for Christmas, we made the trip down to NW Indiana for a few days.  We had a Christmas Eve service at church, then left right after.  I had big plans to have all of our stuff packed up and ready to go, so we could leave as soon as possible.   My packing plans did not work out...so, over an hour after the Christmas Eve service ended, we were finally ready to go!   Trust me, packing for our family right now is a HUGE job!

Thankfully, we are still borrowing our Aunt and Uncle's 15 passenger van, so we had plenty of room for gifts, clothes, bedding, etc.

We arrived at my mom's house around 11:30pm and were tucked in to bed right away.  Christmas morning we woke up, ate breakfast, and opened gifts.  The girls were thrilled with everything (except for Olivia, who opened two gifts and wanted to be done...she just wanted to play with her Minnie Mouse doll and be left alone! ha!).  Mimi and Aunt Kim definitely spoiled the girls...they were blessed with so many awesome gifts.

Gianna reading the Christmas story with Aunt Kim before opening gifts...
 

After opening gifts, the girls decorated cookies with Aunt Kim and Mimi.  Then we had some extended family come over for lunch and just had a great time being together.  I wish I would have taken more pictures of everyone, but I was just having such a great time visiting with my family that I didn't think about it. 

Jorja opening her gift from Nana...a cute little dress.  Jorja thought it tasted delicious.

Olivia's favorite gift...a dress up dress.  She insisted on wearing it all day, completing the look with Halloween socks and her new dress shoes from Aunt Kim.  She's hilarious!

Christmas evening, we took the three older girls to the movies for the first time ever...we saw Frozen!  It was so cute...we all really liked it!  The girls did great during the movie and I'm pretty sure they overdosed on popcorn and lemonade.


We had a great time being together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...