Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Worst

I'm basically the worst blogger ever.  I feel like every post begins with me apologizing for how long it's been since the last post. 

The twins turned 5 last month and Olivia turned 3.  They are such big girls now!  Also, I forgot how horrifying 3 year olds are.  Olivia is a real pistol.  She's defiant and so independent.  Grr!

I wanted to do a big birthday party for all three girls this year, but Brooks didn't want to do one.  So instead, I made a list of "mommy approved" fun birthday activities to do as a family.  Each girl chose one activity.   Maya wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese, Gianna wanted to go to the Grand Rapids Children's Museum, and Olivia picked swimming. 

We went swimming the day before Olivia's birthday.  About an hour from our house is a big casino and the hotel has an indoor water park.  It was awesome!  We left Jorja at home with a babysitter and just took the older girls.  There was a toddler/young child area in the middle that was perfect for our girls.  The lazy river was fun....once we got going.  Initially,  I didn't realize how strong the current was and the twins were swept away!  Don't worry, Daddy rescued them. 

This is a picture of the toddler area.  The huge bucket on the top would fill with water and pour down over you!  The girls loved it.

Eating lunch and making silly faces.

Maya and Mommy

In the van on the way home....everyone was sleeping!

We had so much fun at the water park...we definitely want to go again!
It was nice to be warm, since it was still FREEZING cold outside at the end of March.

Thankfully, it has been almost 50 degrees the past few days....finally.  I can't wait for Spring!  The snow has to melt sometime!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...