I have four little girls. And sometimes, I feel majorly outnumbered by them. Tonight was a perfect example.
Here's the situation:
Brooks is gone tonight--he's helping put a roof on someone's house.
I'm exhausted--I think the lack of sleep is majorly catching up to me. I found my cell phone in the refrigerator a few minutes ago and I have no clue where my keys are.
Here's what happened:
The girls were outside playing in the dirt. Literally. I was outside with Jorja, feeding her. I told the girls to come inside for bath time...Olivia starts screaming "No bath! Stay out!" and runs away from me. Since I'm holding the baby (and picturing myself running through the yard after Olivia, turning my ankle, throwing the baby across the grass, and being lame for the rest of my life), I choose to yell and threaten. Thankfully, that finally worked and Olivia came inside. Although, I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a horrible parent. I can live with that.
Once inside, I go to the bathroom to start the bath water, while holding Jorja (who has been super gassy/fussy and won't let me put her down). I sit down to pee (I know, TMI, but it's life), still holding the baby (it's a skill you learn), and Maya comes in.
"MOM! Gigi is stuck in the blue chair!"
I attempt to not roll my eyes (we have a lot of drama around here) and respond, "Go tell Gigi that I'll be there in just a minute." Maya looks at me with big eyes and says, "Mom....you should go now. She's hurt and crying bad." By now, Maya is crying because she is thinking of Gigi crying.
I stand up quickly, pull my pants up one-handed, and run to the living room. Gigi is screaming like someone is cutting off her leg. Gianna has her leg wedged in the leg rest part of the recliner...the part that goes up. It has metal parts and her leg is totally stuck. I set Jorja down on the couch, she starts screaming. Maya is standing next to Gigi, pulling on her, and crying.
I yell at Maya, "Stop touching her!! Just stop!" (this leads to a total meltdown for Maya) and I try to un-wedge Gianna's leg. It wasn't budging. After what seemed like a few minutes, I was finally able to get her leg out. It was swollen, bruised, and had scrapes on it. The whole time, all three girls (Maya, Gianna, and Jorja) are screaming and crying.
Gianna is so upset, she says, "I think I'm going to PUKE!". I start searching for something for her to puke in, Maya starts yanking toys out of the toy box, trying to find a bucket. Gianna does puke, but just a bit on her shirt (she tends to do this when she is really upset). It smelled so gross that it made me gag a bit.
I grab Jorja, get the twins stripped for the bathtub, and we all go to the bathroom.
And what do we see?
Olivia, sitting in the bathtub, fully clothed with shoes and poopy diaper still on.
Awesome.
2 comments:
Awww, Jill! Hugs to you!!! Some day you will laugh about this, right?????
I had a day last week where I just wanted to cry because everything was going wrong. Days like that are soooo hard. Prayers coming your way right now!!
Michelle
Oh my! What a day! Some day your girls will go back and read this, and they will laugh too. (Hopefully by then you will find the humor, without wanting to pull out your hair at the same time....) :)
Post a Comment