Since Jorja was born, we've had some big days.
Our 9th anniversary was celebrated in the hospital, snuggling a newborn and recovering from a c-section.
On Memorial Day, our little 'village' goes crazy. We have a big festival in town and the highway is rerouted by our house. There is a carnival and a big parade. Our church walked in the parade and then we gave out free ice cream. Brooks was in the parade and did the ice cream thing, Jorja and I stayed home. Memorial Day is also memorable because it's the day the girls came home from grandma's house....and the day the REAL chaos began around here!
My 31st birthday was on a Sunday this year. It was the first Sunday I took Jorja to church. After church, the girls and Brooks gave me their gifts, some roses, and I ate my birthday cake (cheesecake...way better than regular cake). Here I am looking exhausted...
Then we had Father's Day, which wasn't super exciting for my husband. He preached, we took naps, and that evening we went to Pizza Hut (it's his favorite). It was the first time we went out to dinner as a family of 6! I'm not going to say it was perfect, but we survived!
We've had quite a few family members visiting, which has been wonderful. Aunt Laura, Uncle Clary, and their crew came down for an evening. They blessed us with boxes and boxes of diapers! Amazing! The girls played with their cousins and had so much fun. And they brought us a Barbie Jeep for the girls. The girls are terrible drivers! Here's Maya trying to 'fix' the car so it will work (there isn't a battery in it here). She's going to be just like Daddy! :)

I can't believe how grown up they look!
And finally, this past week we had visits from Brooks' mom (Mamaw) and my mom (Mimi). It was great to see them. Brooks and I went on our first date since Jorja was born, thanks to Brooks' mom watching the girls for us. And my mom and I took all the girls out for ice cream and to a park. I'm so blessed to have not only an amazing Mom, but an amazing Mother-in-law, too.
Olivia and Mimi, swinging at the park.

Why won't this car work?
Olivia skipped her nap when our family came down....she fell asleep while I was holding her almost immediately after they left! Poor baby, she can't make it without a nap!
Then the next day, Jason and Holly came down with their kids. When our two families get together, we have eight kids now, so we decided we needed a picture with all the kids together. All eight of them are there, it's just hard to see Jorja (Makayla is holding her).I can't believe how grown up they look!
The girls waiting for Mimi to get to our house...poor Maya, her undies are sticking out of her pants! Ha!
Olivia and Mimi, swinging at the park.
This past weekend, we were busy with a bunch of open houses and a birthday party...and now, this week, it's VBS time at church. Fun times!
I can't believe that next week is the 4th of July! Bring on the fireworks and hot dogs!





No comments:
Post a Comment