5 more days to go!
Brooks and I just went to my pre-op appointment for my c-section. My blood pressure is good and the baby's heartbeat was perfect and she's still pretty active. I'm still having contractions throughout the day, but they stop as soon as I sit or lay down.
The only thing I'm really nervous about is my spinal. It was not fun during my last c-section and I'm having some anxiety about it. But hopefully, it will be quick and not as uncomfortable this time. I just hate the thought of a needle in my spine...and since I'm a nurse, I've seen how big that needle is and how they shove it in there....ew.
I was thrilled to learn that when I go to recovery after the surgery, Brooks and baby girl get to go with me! I can snuggle her, breastfeed, do skin to skin....I'm so happy about this! With my other two c-sections, I was whisked away to recovery, totally by myself. It was at least an hour before I got to see my babies.
I just can't wait to not be pregnant anymore.
Things I'm craving: lemonade, fountain vanilla Diet Coke, and barbecue anything (chips, sandwiches, whatever)
Oh yeah, and SLEEP. I'm so tired. For Mother's Day, I took two naps. It was the best thing in the world and I woke up from my second nap feeling so refreshed. I'm exhausted all the time...I think this child is siphoning the energy out of my body minute by minute. She might be a vampire.

2 comments:
She might be taking some of your energy, but the other girls are taking a lot too! Either way. Love you. Almost over!
Almost there!!! Yay!!! I can't wait to hear what her name will be! Oh, and we are struggling big time to even come up with anything for this baby. So if you have any names that you know you arent using, feel free to pass them my way!! :)
Post a Comment