Friday, March 15, 2013

Fighting the Frump Fight


A blog I follow pretty regularly To Love, Honor, and Vacuum has been challenging it's readers to 'fight the frump'.  Basically, get out of those sweatpants and wear some real clothes.  Do your hair.  Put on a bit of makeup.  Don't be frumpy.

I'm just not into it.

I'm okay with my current frumpy self.  For the record, I DO get dressed at times.  I don't go to Wal-Mart in my jammies and I always wear something appropriate at church, small group, and Bible study.  If I leave the house, I'm dressed.  If I stay at home, I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt.

Here's the deal:

  • It's WINTER!  In MICHIGAN!  I don't leave the house unless I have to.  During the summer, I'm sure the girls and I will be outside frequently, playing and gardening.  I plan to be dressed for these times.
  • I'm hugely pregnant.  I have approximately 2 pairs of jeans that fit appropriately and don't pull my undies down when I walk.  I have to save them for times when I need to wear real clothes.
  • My husband doesn't care if I wear makeup.  I can't remember him ever saying, "Your makeup looks great".  But he does comment when I don't wear makeup and says he loves it.  I have no clue what planet he's from, but whatever floats his boat.
Anyways, I'm still frumpy.  And I'm okay with it.  I figure I'm just saving my good clothes for the days when I really need them.  I'm being FRUGAL, right?!




In other news, we're going to start fixing up the kitchen today.  I'm not excited for the process, but I'm excited for the finished product.  Our kitchen is currently bright yellow and grey.  I know there are some people who like the colors, but I hate it.

Brooks is going to sand/fix the walls, paint, put in a new ceiling fan, and just do some other finishing touches, like completing the floor and other little spots that were unfinished.

Brooks and I are really bad at taking 'before' pictures of rooms....so I decided to just do it today for the kitchen. 

Here are the current colors...yellow and grey.  The cabinets are like a washed grey...which I don't love, but we don't want to repaint all the cabinets.  So, we're leaving the cabinets.

Under the cabinets....there was wallpaper, but Brooks already tore it off and put drywall stuff on it.

 More grey and yellow...all the wood in the kitchen is unfinished.  Please don't look at my mess.

And here's a few pictures of the dining room.  I couldn't really get a good picture of it because of the lights and the sun outside.  It was white before with unfinished wood around the doors and windows.
Now it's green (we like color) and brown.

The green looks really bright in these pictures, but it's not as neon in person.  More like a darker sage?


 And because I don't want to forget this, I went to the hospital yesterday to get my Rhogam injection (I have to get it because my blood type is negative).  I took all three girls with me.  
Maya said to the nurse yesterday,
"Did you know that the baby in my Mommy's tummy is NAKED? She doesn't even have a diaper on!  Yuck!"

Oh, Maya.  You crack me up!
Photobucket



2 comments:

❤ Meghan said...

your writing is so good, and so much fun to read! fighting the frump can be hard. good luck with that, and with the kitchen! :)

Moosler said...

haha! yeah, the dude likes me without make-up, too! Go figure. And yoga pants are like the bestest thing ever! I once read that women really dress up for other women when they go out.

Yellow and gray is an interesting combination. What color are you going to paint the kitchen walls?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...