Monday, March 11, 2013

Blogging Fail


 I always have the best intentions of blogging more...then the days just seem to slip away.

I'm going to do a quick post, just to update what's been going on in our lives this month.

1.  We made an offer on a house.  YIKES!  If you are a ministry family, you know how scary it can be to buy a home.  So much can happen!  The church could decide they don't like you and kick you out.  God could call you to the Australian outback next month.   The church could close.
But, the reality is, we're currently living in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom parsonage (technically, we are using a loft area as a bedroom, so I guess it's 3 bedrooms).  It's small for our family of 5, soon to be 6.  And we want to buy...we want to start building equity in a home.
So we found a home for sale.  It was everything we wanted (literally, EVERYTHING on our list).  It was a HUD home, so we placed a bid.  We didn't get it, someone outbid us.  And I cried. A lot.
I wanted this on our blog.  
I want to look back and remember how heartbroken I was that we didn't get the house, because I know God has something different for us.  I always think that I know what's best for our family, but I need to remember that I don't see the whole picture....God has plans for us.
We're still looking for a home.  Right now, there isn't much for sale around here.  I'm hoping that changes with Spring and Summer coming.

2. I'm now 30 weeks pregnant.  I feel like a whale.  Rolling over in bed requires a fair amount of grunting, and bending down to pick things up is a major challenge. The girls are great with helping me pick things up.  They are so excited about their new little sister.  We had another ultrasound this past Friday and everything looks great.  Baby girl is measuring a little over 3 pounds and looks perfectly healthy.  She is a mover and I'm pretty sure she is doing karate inside my womb.  We can't wait to meet her!
No, we don't have a name yet.
No, we won't tell her name before she's born.
No, I haven't done ANYTHING to get ready for her.  That's what happens when you're #4.

3.  Maya and Gianna just finished up an 8 week gymnastics class for 3 and 4 year olds.  It was adorable, and fun, and good for them.  They loved every minute and are still just as uncoordinated as when they started, but now they can 'roll like a pencil'.  Ha!  Olivia had a hard time just watching, but she did a lot of cheering on the sideline with Mommy.
No, I didn't take any pictures.  I regret this.

4.  Brooks painted and fixed up our dining room.  It was white and needed some love.  Now, it's green and I love it!  I'm a color girl...I like my house to be full of color.  Next on our list:  the kitchen.  It's going to be a plum/purple color.  I'm excited and dreading it at the same time.  
Tools + Wet Paint + 3 small girls + 1 tool-traumatized dog + kitchen out of order = CHAOS!

5.  I can't wait for SPRING!  I can't wait to have the girls play outside without needing a million layers of coats and snow pants and hats and gloves that always fall off.  And, inevitably, they have to pee approximately 10 minutes after getting dressed.
I have my seeds here, ready to start inside soon.  I have garden plans.  I can't wait for sandals.

6.  At the end of this month is my girls' birthdays!  Yes, all three of them.  We're having a combined party and the girls are SO excited.

7.  My poor dog.  I'm not sure if she still has eyes.  Her fur is so long and needs to be cut.  This morning she ran into a chair.


That's a quick rundown of our life in February/March.  I really want to start blogging more frequently so I don't miss out on little things that we do together.  The girls are growing so quickly!

Photobucket


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...