Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Problem with Pacifiers


 The past two weeks have been "Paci free" weeks at our house.  Olivia is about 22 months old, so we thought it was high time to get rid of the pacifier.  She has a few big milestones that we're hoping to get through before the baby is born: no paci, out of her crib and into a 'big girl' bed, and potty trained.

I'm happy to say that she is officially paci free!  We just decided to go the 'cold turkey' route with her.  It worked with the twins.  I actually tried to snip the end of the pacifier one day....I make a little hole, which meant she couldn't suck on it properly.  It just made her really mad.

So we went cold turkey.  I told her she was a big girl and didn't need a pacifier any more.  She wasn't happy, but she survived.  We've now gone about a week without a pacifier.  It was rough the first few days and there was a lot of crying during nap time and bed time.  I had to watch television to distract myself from her crying...I hate hearing my girls cry like that.

At nap time, she'll fuss for maybe 5-10 minutes, then fall asleep.  Bed time is usually about 10-15 minutes of talking/fussing/whining/yelling at her sisters.  After that, she's out for the night.


On a totally unrelated note, I just want to say what a booger my third child can be.  She's decided to start throwing her food on the floor instead of eating it (not every meal, but at times).  This leads to an immediate time out, which she is NEVER happy about.  But she's just so stinkin' cute...



And then today, I hear her in the bathroom.  This is trouble, because she is either playing in the toilet water, playing with the toilet bowl brush (gag!), or opening any bottles she finds.  I went in the bathroom to get her out...and she wasn't there!  I figured I must have heard something wrong, and went to find her in the living room.  She wasn't there.  She wasn't anywhere!  Finally, I decide to check the bathroom AGAIN because she isn't anywhere else.

I find her behind the shower curtain, sitting in the bathtub, fully dressed, silently pouring baby wash out of the bottle onto her pants.  She smiles at me and says, "Hi, Momma!".


What a little trouble maker!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Stephen and Michelle said...

But she IS very cute :)
Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...