Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What's Up with Olivia


 I wanted to do a little 'spotlight' in our blog on each of my girls.

I'm going to start with Olivia, because she is growing by leaps and bounds!  And, being #3, I feel like she doesn't get as much photo and blog time as the twins.

Olivia is now 22 months old.  She'll be two in March, which just blows my mind!  TWO?  How did that happen?  I still consider her my little baby, but she is far from a baby.  She's a tall girl.  In fact, she's taller than some kids who are older than her in the nursery at church.  She has a long torso, just like Daddy.  She needs to wear 3T or 4T in shirts, otherwise her belly button shows.  She still wears a 2T in pants.


Olivia is quickly losing her baby chub.  This summer, she was covered in chubby rolls...and now, the rolls on her arms and thighs are all that's left.  And they're going quickly.

Olivia is quite a character.  She loves attention, hugs, and her big sisters.  Her vocabulary seems to be growing on a daily basis.  She knows most farm animals and their sounds, tries to sing her "abc's", tries to count (it sounds like "one, two, eight, nine, TEN!"...she likes to yell ten).  She loves Elmo, coloring, puzzles, Where's Waldo books, and playing in water.  She really likes to play pretend with her sisters.  Olivia normally ends up being the 'baby' when they play house or the kitty.  Bath time is pretty much one of her favorite things ever.


Olivia is still using her pacifier during naps and bedtime.  We're going to be stopping the paci this week.  I think it's going to be a very hard transition for her and I'm not looking forward to it. :(  Poor baby.  She takes one nap a day and sleeps 11 or 12 hours at night.


She is definitely more independent than the twins were are her age.  She seems to be fearless and will just run wherever.  I have to keep a close eye on her at new places because she'll just disappear.  Once, I took my eyes off her for a second and found her in the boys bathroom during the twins' gymnastics class.  Another time, she was hiding in the prayer room at church--in the dark--with the door closed.  I was panicking.  Needless to say, she is never out of the cart at the grocery store!  I would lose her.

 I think one of the funniest things about Olivia is that she looks a little like Boo from Monsters, Inc.  I get stopped at the store fairly frequently by people who want to tell me that she looks like Boo.  Once, there was a little girl (maybe around 5) who started yelling, "Mom! Look! It's Boo!".





















 Olivia's new favorite phrase is, "I no wanna".  She'll cross her arms over her chest, frown, and say, "I no wanna!".  It's cute for now...ask me in a few months! Ha!  She's definitely a stubborn one.

So that's my Olivia Joy.  She continues to live up to her middle name and she truly brings so much joy and love into our home.  We love you, Livi!  You are a joy to parent and I can't wait to see more and more of your personality as you grow.

 Photobucket






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...