Friday, October 5, 2012

My Garden


I think garden season is about finished.  My garden is looking pretty sad these days.  The zucchini is long gone, the cucumbers are dead, and everything else is turning brown.  My tomatoes are finally slowing down, although there are still a ton of red cherry tomatoes out there.  I'm just sick of picking them!  If you live in my area, come pick some cherry tomatoes.  They're all yours!


The only plant in my garden still going strong is the kale.  Seriously, kale is a BEAST.  It has survived a hot, dry summer....it's survived freezing nights....this stuff is hard to kill.  My kale is growing like crazy still.  I need to make some more kale ice cubes for smoothies this winter.

This is my kale...it looks like huge broccoli. It's as tall as the twins.

 We were blessed this year to get a big bag of hot peppers from a family in our church.  I let them sit around for a few days, mostly because I wasn't sure what to do with them.  Finally, I decided to just chop them all up together.  I don't even know what kind of peppers they were.  I know there were some banana peppers and a lot of jalapenos, but there were SO MANY different kinds.

I chopped them all up and divided them into little bags in the freezer.  So we'll be set with hot peppers for the winter...my husband is happy about that!


I seriously loved gardening this year.  Our garden was pretty small, only about 10 ft by 12 ft.  But we got so much produce out of it.  I want to at least double it next spring...I can't wait!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...