How have you been celebrating fall and halloween?
We haven't been doing too much, but we did decide to paint some pumpkins this year. My girls are too young to carve a pumpkin, plus I know they would be super grossed out by pumpkin guts (they're such girly girls).
We cut out letters for the girls' names (M, G, and O) and used Elmer's Glue to glue the letters to the pumpkins.
Then we got dressed in our painting clothes and let the girls go to town painting their pumpkins (and Olivia's pumpkin). They loved smearing the paint all over the pumpkins.

We haven't been doing too much, but we did decide to paint some pumpkins this year. My girls are too young to carve a pumpkin, plus I know they would be super grossed out by pumpkin guts (they're such girly girls).
We cut out letters for the girls' names (M, G, and O) and used Elmer's Glue to glue the letters to the pumpkins.
Then we got dressed in our painting clothes and let the girls go to town painting their pumpkins (and Olivia's pumpkin). They loved smearing the paint all over the pumpkins.



Here's Daddy and Olivia...hanging out by the trash cans. Lovely.

Things got pretty messy...and everyone was definitely ready for a bath after all that painting. We let our pumpkins dry overnight and the next morning, we peeled the letters off the pumpkins.
Here's Maya with her pumpkin. She looks like she's posing for a senior picture.


We still haven't made it to a pumpkin patch...hopefully this week sometime!



3 comments:
What a cute idea! I let my girls paint pumpkins while I painted one with our initial on it, but I never thought of sticking on a letter to peel off later. I'm filing that one away for next year! : )
love that idea! and i totally just realized your kids initials spell out OMG! lol love it :)
Michelle, I never noticed that about the initials. :) - Brooks
Post a Comment