Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reviews--Double Strollers

A long time ago, I decided I wanted to start reviewing things on our blog. When we found out we were pregnant with twins, I scoured the internet for reviews of baby items for multiples and found that there wasn't much out there.

Plus, I'm opinionated. And bossy. So I'm going to start telling you what I think about some baby stuff. I might throw in some book reviews every now and again, because we don't have television any more and I'm reading books like a crazy woman.

I'm going to start off with double strollers. They are a necessary evil for twins....HUGE, bulky, heavy, and annoying. But ya gotta have at least one!



Double Snap-n-Go:

This stroller is what I recommend to any mom pregnant with twins. I loved it and wish I could still use it. You literally 'snap' two car seats onto the stroller frame, and wha-la! STROLLER! (wha-la?!? I sound like an idiot. I need more coffee.)
Pros:
  • super lightweight--weighs under 20#
  • most car seats work with the stroller--it adjusts to fit almost any brand. we used Graco seats with this stroller
  • very smooth ride
  • huge basket underneath for the 85# diaper bag you need for twins
  • when your babies fall asleep in the car, you don't have to wake them up to put them in the stroller. just unsnap their car seats, snap them into the stroller, and they're none the wiser. :)
  • folds up surprisingly small....easily fits into any trunk, even if you don't have a minivan.
  • easily folds up. just squeeze two buttons on the handle, and you're done.
  • easy to navigate through stores. you won't knock down entire racks of clothing and get stuck in check out lines with this stroller! fits through any door.
  • CHEAP! under $100 to buy new
  • Easy to sell used. I posted our stroller on craigslist and had several offers right away.
Cons:
  • not good for 'off road' strollering (is that a word?). we never used it in any 'rough' areas, but i don't think it would work well for hard-core hiking. although, if you're planning to hike with infant twins, i think you're just on an entirely different level than i am.
  • you can only use it while your babies are in infant car seats. we used ours for about 7 or 8 months.

Here's a picture of our girls in their double snap-n-go...they are 4 weeks old

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...