Saturday, March 20, 2010

Almost 1!

I haven't updated this blog in WAY too long!
We've been busy (of course!) and outside enjoying the spring weather.

The girls are almost 1 year old. I can't believe how quickly this year went. Last year at this time, I was a huge, miserable whale....we were mourning my Dad's death....I finished my last day of full time work....and Brooks and I were desperately trying to finish our home improvement projects before the girls arrived.

Life is so different now...in a wonderful way.

The girls are still teething. I hope it ends someday. I learned something new this week. Apparently, horribly smelling diarrhea goes along with teething. Picture this diarrhea....on cloth diapers. GROSSEST THING EVER!!
In one day, I went through 7 pairs of pants for the girls. No diaper could hold this poo.

Since everyone has been asking me this question, the answer is no. The girls are not walking yet. They are cruising around the couch, chair, Norah....but have not taken any steps on their own. They will stand by themselves for a few seconds, then the look confused and sit down.

We were blessed to welcome a new baby into our family last week! Our niece, Eva Mae Sayer, was born...she is perfect, beautiful, and doing well. Check out Andy and Leah's blog for adorable pictures.




A few weekends ago, we took a trip up to northwest Indiana to see our family...it was around the 1 year anniversary of my Dad's death, so it was great to be together and remember him.

Here's Nana with the girls...they were DONE and ready for bed. We wanted a picture of Nana with them, even though they were so fussy!

Aunt Kim with her favorite nieces

Grandma and the girls

Grandma and Gigi
Uncle Dan and Maya

Maya



The girls love standing on the couch and falling down onto the cushions...also, they love wearing their favorite outfits from Aunt Kim.

Of course, Maya spit up right at I took the picture. Nice.


This is our kitchen door...the kitchen is the girls' new favorite room in the house. They have discovered that they can open all the cabinets and pull things out....eat dog food by the handful...dip their hands and pacifiers in the dog's water...and stand up and look outside.
Needless to say, the girls don't get to go into the kitchen much.
I have no idea why Gigi is half naked in this picture...just a typical day. :)

Remember how I was talking about the diarrhea? One day, I actually found poop on the kitchen floor. I took a picture of it...it's gross..so I won't post it. But Maya desperately needed a bath after that horrific incident...Gianna was not happy about being left out, so into the tub they both went! Getting two babies out of the tub and changed is an interesting feat....

Here's the culprit...I plan to display this picture at her high school graduation. She let me get all her clothes off except one sock. Maya always has only one sock on.

After the bath...also in the running for display at their graduation party.


These next few pictures are my favorite. We recently introduced the girls to swings...they LOVE swinging and usually laugh non-stop for the first 5 minutes.
That's all for now...I promise I'll update again soon!

2 comments:

aunt kim said...

maya. naked. one sock. laughed out loud. :-D
also, i love all the pictures. seriously.

Sweet Little Lovings said...

It's so crazy how fast that 1st year flies by, isn't it. They get so independent and actually start to act like real people. *sigh*

P.S. love the brown and pink outfits from aunt Kim! :oP they look so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...