I have 10 1/2 month old twin girls.
In a few weeks, my Dad will have been gone for a whole year.
I'm going to be 28 this year. That's basically 30.
In a few weeks, my Dad will have been gone for a whole year.
I'm going to be 28 this year. That's basically 30.
Unbelievable.
It's amazing how quickly time passes.
We've been busy around here. Brooks and I were sick, Gianna had anther double ear infection, and Maya just got a little runny nose. Now, Brooks and I are fine and both girls have nasty, runny noses.
Like I said in an earlier blog, we've been using cloth diapers for about a month now.
I really like them. I used to have to make Wal-Mart runs constantly to get diapers...I haven't bought diapers OR wipes for a whole month!
Not only have we been using cloth diapers, but I made some cloth wipes to use as well. I figured if I was going to wash the diapers, I might as well throw the wipes in the wash, too. I just cut up some of the MANY receiving blankets we have into wipes that fit into a wipe container (I apologize to everyone who gave us receiving blankets as gifts...I hope you aren't appalled at our use of them). They are soft and flannel...work great for wipes.
For the record, flannel DOES fray. Somewhere on the internet, there is a website that claims flannel does not fray. Liars.
Here's the recipe I use for the wipes:
Fill an empty, used plastic wipes container with your cloth wipes.
In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups warm water, 2 tablespoons of baby wash (any kind), 2 tablespoons of baby oil, and whatever essential oil you want (this is optional).
Pour over the cloth wipes and let them sit for about 5 minutes. All the liquid should be absorbed by the wipes.
I've read that you shouldn't use the baby oil for wipes if you are going to wash them with the cloth diapers. I've been washing them all together and haven't had any problems.
Also, I plan to someday sew my flannel wipes so they don't continue to fray. But for now, I don't care that much.
Here are some random recent pictures of the babies:
Valentine's Day...not feeling the best, but willing to chew on hearts.

Gianna
Showing off their cute cloth diapers....we have all different colors! :)
Getting messy before bath time...

Thank you for our bath toys, Uncle Jason and Aunt Holly!
We love them!

My girls are starting to figure out that they need to smile when the camera comes out. The problem is...they must not be sure what a smile is, exactly.
I've been getting the most hilarious faces lately:
Gianna
Maya
Gigi
Maya...she squishes up her face...
This one has to be my favorite....where are her eyes!?!
Thank you to everyone who gave great advice about sleeping schedules...we decided to keep the girls on the schedule for a few more weeks, and now they sleep from about 9:30 to 11:30, then again from 2:30 to 4:30 and go to bed around 7:30.
I'm hoping they keep napping
twice a day until they are 14.
Finally, here is a video of Maya splashing in the sink during a bath. At first I thought it was super cute...then half of the water ended up on the floor!
The video is sideways...sorry...i don't know how to change it.
We've been busy around here. Brooks and I were sick, Gianna had anther double ear infection, and Maya just got a little runny nose. Now, Brooks and I are fine and both girls have nasty, runny noses.
Like I said in an earlier blog, we've been using cloth diapers for about a month now.
I really like them. I used to have to make Wal-Mart runs constantly to get diapers...I haven't bought diapers OR wipes for a whole month!
Not only have we been using cloth diapers, but I made some cloth wipes to use as well. I figured if I was going to wash the diapers, I might as well throw the wipes in the wash, too. I just cut up some of the MANY receiving blankets we have into wipes that fit into a wipe container (I apologize to everyone who gave us receiving blankets as gifts...I hope you aren't appalled at our use of them). They are soft and flannel...work great for wipes.
For the record, flannel DOES fray. Somewhere on the internet, there is a website that claims flannel does not fray. Liars.
Here's the recipe I use for the wipes:
Fill an empty, used plastic wipes container with your cloth wipes.
In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups warm water, 2 tablespoons of baby wash (any kind), 2 tablespoons of baby oil, and whatever essential oil you want (this is optional).
Pour over the cloth wipes and let them sit for about 5 minutes. All the liquid should be absorbed by the wipes.
I've read that you shouldn't use the baby oil for wipes if you are going to wash them with the cloth diapers. I've been washing them all together and haven't had any problems.
Also, I plan to someday sew my flannel wipes so they don't continue to fray. But for now, I don't care that much.
Here are some random recent pictures of the babies:
Valentine's Day...not feeling the best, but willing to chew on hearts.
Gianna
Showing off their cute cloth diapers....we have all different colors! :)
Getting messy before bath time...
Thank you for our bath toys, Uncle Jason and Aunt Holly!
We love them!
My girls are starting to figure out that they need to smile when the camera comes out. The problem is...they must not be sure what a smile is, exactly.
I've been getting the most hilarious faces lately:
Gianna
Maya
Gigi
Maya...she squishes up her face...
This one has to be my favorite....where are her eyes!?!
Thank you to everyone who gave great advice about sleeping schedules...we decided to keep the girls on the schedule for a few more weeks, and now they sleep from about 9:30 to 11:30, then again from 2:30 to 4:30 and go to bed around 7:30.
I'm hoping they keep napping
twice a day until they are 14.
Finally, here is a video of Maya splashing in the sink during a bath. At first I thought it was super cute...then half of the water ended up on the floor!
The video is sideways...sorry...i don't know how to change it.
2 comments:
love the new pictures of the girls! those are two cutie patooties. jill, don't kid yourself, we ALL know where maya got her squinty eyes in pictures look. :-) love you all!
cloth diapers are the best!!!! I use the same diaper wipe recipe and I also wash my wipes with my cloth diapers...no problems. My mother in law made some wipes for my sister in law and she cute up flannel too. She just stitched a zig zag stitch around the edges. Glad things are going well! love the pictures!
Love,
Kara
Post a Comment