Well, I'm happy to report I'm doing well with my resolutions this year. I realize it is only January 9th...so I have a long way to go....but hey, I'm pretty sure this is the longest I've ever kept a New Year's resolution!
I've been planning out meals like crazy...and finding a few new vegetarian recipes. So far, we've had potato soup, veggie cheese bread, sweet potato and black bean enchiladas, and some other pasta thing with spinach (it wasn't a favorite).
I love trying new recipes...this week, I'm attempting fish tacos! I've never had fish tacos (maybe it is a west coast thing?) but I've heard they're good. And hey....we love fish...and we LOVE tacos....how bad can it be?
Another resolution to check off the list is cloth diapers. I spent hours researching and bargain hunting, and finally bought 4 diapers. I know that 4 diapers seems silly, but I wanted to make sure we liked them. I bought bumGenius one size 3.0 diapers. If they work well for use, we will probably buy 28 more and plan on washing them every other day. If we do this, we could save over $600 this year on diapers...and that is including the cost of the cloth diapers. Plus, I'm planning to make some fabric baby wipes...so that will save money, too.
I've had a lot of people say they want to know how the cloth diapers go, so I'll keep you updated once I get started!
We gave the girls some teething biscuits today. These things are the messiest, grossest 'finger foods' ever. The girls went straight into the sink for a bath after these pictures were taken!



They are so cute.
These pictures make me want to go wake them up right now, just so I can see them.
I'm crazy.
I've been planning out meals like crazy...and finding a few new vegetarian recipes. So far, we've had potato soup, veggie cheese bread, sweet potato and black bean enchiladas, and some other pasta thing with spinach (it wasn't a favorite).
I love trying new recipes...this week, I'm attempting fish tacos! I've never had fish tacos (maybe it is a west coast thing?) but I've heard they're good. And hey....we love fish...and we LOVE tacos....how bad can it be?
Another resolution to check off the list is cloth diapers. I spent hours researching and bargain hunting, and finally bought 4 diapers. I know that 4 diapers seems silly, but I wanted to make sure we liked them. I bought bumGenius one size 3.0 diapers. If they work well for use, we will probably buy 28 more and plan on washing them every other day. If we do this, we could save over $600 this year on diapers...and that is including the cost of the cloth diapers. Plus, I'm planning to make some fabric baby wipes...so that will save money, too.
I've had a lot of people say they want to know how the cloth diapers go, so I'll keep you updated once I get started!
We gave the girls some teething biscuits today. These things are the messiest, grossest 'finger foods' ever. The girls went straight into the sink for a bath after these pictures were taken!
They are so cute.
These pictures make me want to go wake them up right now, just so I can see them.
I'm crazy.
1 comment:
We did the cloth diapers too, and I was SOOO glad we did. My mom found these ones that have snaps (I didn't trust myself with pins) and the best part about them is that I only had to buy one size and they fit them from birth to toddler!! It was all in how they snapped how big they were. Plus I had liners for when they were older and needed more absorbtion (sp?). It was GREAT. I would do it all over again, too...but we are done having babies... :) If you are still in the cloth diaper hunt, check out Mother Ease.
Michelle :)
Post a Comment