Hold on to your pants....this is going to be a LONG blog update. :)
The girls have been growing and changing. They now eat carrots, green beans, peas, applesauce, squash, sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, carrots, and bananas. They have had some mashed potatoes and even a little taste of ice cream (I know, I'm a bad momma...). They laugh and smile, scoot and reach, sit with assistance, and throw toys.
I haven't pumped for a week now...and the other "girls" are still really sore. But I love not having to pump! I'm pretty sure the babies don't even know that they aren't getting breast milk. They don't care--they eat anything!
The girls have been growing and changing. They now eat carrots, green beans, peas, applesauce, squash, sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, carrots, and bananas. They have had some mashed potatoes and even a little taste of ice cream (I know, I'm a bad momma...). They laugh and smile, scoot and reach, sit with assistance, and throw toys.
I haven't pumped for a week now...and the other "girls" are still really sore. But I love not having to pump! I'm pretty sure the babies don't even know that they aren't getting breast milk. They don't care--they eat anything!
Maya
Maya's best physical attribute, in my opinion, is her thighs. I can't get enough of them...they are so squishy and chunky and adorable!
Gianna
Both girls...Gigi with her mouth open, of course. You never know when Norah might want to stick her nose in your mouth.
This past weekend we went up to 'the region' to go a-visitin'. Apparently, northwest Indiana is call 'the region'. I have no clue why and didn't find this out until I left 'the region'.
We (me and the babies...Brooks was busy with church stuff) spent a few nights with my Mom and Kim and got to see some of our wonderful family.
Grandma Karen and Gigi...Great Aunt Becky with Maya
Great Uncle Dan and Maya
Nana and Gigi
Grandma and her girls...they thought she was hilarious

Gigi and Great Grandma Maneen
The girls and Grandma Shelley...they are getting to be a quite an armful when you hold both!
Meeting Great Grandpa and Grandma Sayer for the first time.

Four generations...from L to R....Frank, Grandpa Sayer, Gigi, Addie, Grandma Sayer, Maya, and Andy

The girls thought this was so funny...my Mom would have them squish each other...they were laughing and squealing!

On Saturday, my sister and I took the girls to Chesterton for the Wizard of Oz Fest. If you are not from 'the region', you probably have no clue what a Wizard of Oz Fest is. I'm from there and still don't really know what it is. Basically, there is a parade involving characters from the Wizard of Oz and lots of vendors that sell anything and everything. Plus, there are contests like "cutest baby Glenda" and "best Dorothy costume".....people dress up like the characters and the original Munchkins come. I believe there are only a few Munchkins still alive.
Anyways, we went...it was super crowded, but fun to go. I haven't been since I was in high school....many, many moons ago.
The girls and I...waiting for the parade to start
This is one of the Munchkins (I think) in the parade...
A float...all those flowers/plants were real!
"Poppies....poppies will put them to sleep....sleep...now they'll sleep..."
I loved this lady's costume...on the bike...
remember her from the Wizard of Oz?
Also, that's Gigi's hand. The girls loved the parade!
This guy was one of the original Lollipop Guild!
"We represent the lollipop guild...the lollipop guild...we wish to welcome you to munchkin land!"
Yes, that is a horse of a different color

The girls thought this was so funny...my Mom would have them squish each other...they were laughing and squealing!


On Saturday, my sister and I took the girls to Chesterton for the Wizard of Oz Fest. If you are not from 'the region', you probably have no clue what a Wizard of Oz Fest is. I'm from there and still don't really know what it is. Basically, there is a parade involving characters from the Wizard of Oz and lots of vendors that sell anything and everything. Plus, there are contests like "cutest baby Glenda" and "best Dorothy costume".....people dress up like the characters and the original Munchkins come. I believe there are only a few Munchkins still alive.
Anyways, we went...it was super crowded, but fun to go. I haven't been since I was in high school....many, many moons ago.
The girls and I...waiting for the parade to start

This is one of the Munchkins (I think) in the parade...

A float...all those flowers/plants were real!
"Poppies....poppies will put them to sleep....sleep...now they'll sleep..."

I loved this lady's costume...on the bike...
remember her from the Wizard of Oz?
Also, that's Gigi's hand. The girls loved the parade!

This guy was one of the original Lollipop Guild!
"We represent the lollipop guild...the lollipop guild...we wish to welcome you to munchkin land!"

Yes, that is a horse of a different color

Now I'm in the mood to watch the Wizard of Oz!
Here's some random baby pictures
Maya and Mommy....yes, those cheeks are just as squishy as they appear.

Aunt Kim and Gianna

Sweet Maya girl

Gigi during a bath....her eyes are still big. Enjoy these pictures....they are some of the only ones where her mouth is closed.









4 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. They are so adorable!
I laugh every time you post because I have all those same clothes for Agatha...so cute :)
love it, love it, love it. the photos are great, and i had so much fun with you girls this weekend. i also love that maya is wearing her "my auntie is the best" onesie. it is true.
oh my goodness jill....your girls are adorable!!! I love these pictures of them! :)
thanks for bringing the girls by the other day! too bad gigi was asleep! i miss cuddling with babies who can't run away yet! sorry we didn't get to have you over for the parade though. chaos had just ensued (we even cancelled having the in-laws over). but chaos happens when you have twin toddlers....you'll see ;)
Post a Comment