Our girls are 5 months old now! How the time flies...
At 5 months old, Maya is definitely our patient, easy going baby. She is very content and loves to stare at your face. When she is upset, she'll give you some warning fussy cries, but hardly ever cries. Maya loves sticking her tongue out....and thinks it's hilarious when you stick your tongue at her. She is super snuggley and is happy to just sit on your lap. I love her big, brown eyes and I see so much of my dad in her (my Nana calls her "little Fred".....poor girl...hope that nickname doesn't stick). Maya has the chubbiest, squishiest thighs....I think she gets those from her mommy.
Maya
Gianna is our wild child! She is always moving around and waves her arms and legs around like crazy when she is excited. She has really strong legs and can stand up for a long time (with support, of course). She rolled over first and if you lay her on the floor, she'll move and scoot all over. Gigi like getting kisses and 'talking' to us. Gianna will snuggle up against you and chew on her hand, fingers, and anything she can get into her mouth. It seems like she always has her mouth open...I think she is just hoping something will fly in there. Gigi has such a cute laugh...and once she gets going, she will laugh and laugh at you. Her big blue eyes are just beautiful....and Gigi takes great pride in the fact that she can destroy her Merry Monkey Gym (it's a baby gym thing with monkeys....she uses her feet to knock down the hanging things).
Gianna
Some FAQ:
Are the girls still sleeping in the same crib?
Yes, and it's getting tight in there! They sleep at an angle and we have to be careful not to position Gigi with her feet towards Maya....if we do, Gigi kicks Maya and wakes her up. Very soon we need to get another crib in the room, but because it's such a small room, we're trying to make one crib work for as long as possible.
Do the girls interact with each other?
Well, they definitely notice each other. They will watch the other baby and look for her. If we lay them next to each other, they will hold hands.....then try to poke each other in the eye and pinch each other. They seem to want to interact with us right now more than with each other.
Are you still breastfeeding?
I'm still pumping, but this week I decided I want to be finished pumping soon. I've cut back to pumping only twice a day, in the morning and at night. The girls are eating more baby food and it's just getting hard to pump at work much because we've been so busy. Plus, for some weird reason, pumping (and breastfeeding when I was doing that) makes me really nauseous.
Are they both boys?
NO!!! They are wearing PINK! They have BOWS on their HEADS, for goodness sake!
*disclaimer...I know you know they are both girls. But when we are out in public, people are always assuming they are boys. This past week, Brooks told someone "take another look....then ask that question".
What kind of schedule are they on? Do they sleep at the same time?
They eat every 4 hours....at 7, 11, 3, and 7. After eating, they stay up for about 2 hours, then nap until the next feeding time. They are in bed around 7:30 or 8 each night. And yes, they sleep at the same time and sleep GREAT....thank you, Baby Wise.
We had some visitors last weekend. My mom and sister came down and we celebrated my mom's 29th birthday. It was great to see them, as always.
My Momma and Maya
Auntie Kim and Gigi
My Momma and Maya
Auntie Kim and Gigi
Then my lovely little neice Addie came and spent a few days with us...I got to babysit her! She is wonderful and adored Norah. She hugged Norah, kissed her, pulled her tail, played with her paws, and pulled her ears. Norah is very patient.
The girls are now eating baby food at least once a day....I'm trying to add it to two feedings so they get used to it. They have had green beans, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots. They seemed to like everything, but are still working on the concept of eating. Gigi will just hold it in her mouth for a while, then sometimes she gags or chokes on the food. Maya just keeps sticking her tongue out and doesn't want to open her mouth.
Eating carrots for the first time....yum!
Gigi under the Merry Monkey Gym....before annihilation...
...and after annihilating the gym....it's hard work....she fell asleep
Sleeping soundly in the swing...I love watching them sleep.
And finally, to end this long blog post, here are some videos. The first is Gigi doing a trick on the boppy pillows....and then Gigi laughing. Poor Maya...I'll get a video of her next time! :)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! They are so cute and watching the videos makes me miss them soooo much! such talented children already. Love to all! Mom
Wow...they're changing so quickly. I can't believe how different they look from one another. Talk about opposites...I'm sure you're seeing that in their personalities too. I love the pics and videos!
love the videos! too cute! i still can't get over how much more hair maya has than gigi. i love your blog updates. you never fail to make me smile! love you, and the girls!
They are adorable!!!!!
Post a Comment