Saturday, August 1, 2009

Way Too Long...

Sorry it's been so long! I was going to try to think of a witty excuse for why I haven't updated lately, but to be honest, I've just been lazy. Plus, our "computer chair" (aka, a dining room table chair) hurts my butt. So there's my excuse: laziness and butt pain.

Well, my sweet, adorable, TINY babies are now 4 months old. They are now sweet, adorable and CHUBBY! I love every inch of their chub and feel personally responsible for it. I think back on the early days of breastfeeding and how I was convinced I was starving them---now, I look at all that chub and know that I provided them with plenty of nutrition.

We took them for their 4 month check up on Friday. Here are their stats:

Maya Irene
weight: 14 pounds, 11 ounces
height: 25 inches
head circ: 16 inchesMaya loves to interact and study your face. She smiles and laughs easily...especially when I sing to her and make her do the motions to the songs (I'm in the Lord's Army is her current favorite...she loves to fly over the enemy). She is very patient, and light bulbs crack her up.


Gianna Sue
weight: 14 pounds, 2 ounces
height: 25 1/4 inches
head circ: 16 1/2 inches
Gianna has become quite the talker. She will talk, yell, and coo constantly after she eats. Gigi likes kisses on the side of her head and sitting up. She has been scooting all over the place and almost always has her fist in her mouth. She is also a big lover of light bulbs and ceiling fans.


So what have we been doing for the past month?

My Mom came down to visit for a weekend. She stayed with the babies while Brooks and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary of being us. July 16th, 1999, Brooks asked me to be his girlfriend at Fairmount Teen Camp. My camp boyfriend was a keeper!

Humor me while we take a walk down memory lane:

Brooks and I before the Christmas Dance at CHS...I have no clue when this was, but it was before we were dating...maybe freshman year of high school? He only went with me because Renee went with Andy...but I secretly really liked him (I think it was the mustache)
At some 50's event (maybe Starlight Pavilion?) our freshman year of college...I don't really remember much about it, except that Morgan was in charge, Brooks was a sailor with super short pants, and I was a waitress.
In front of Evans, junior year of college. He never wears a coat.
Engagement picture...
Anyways, 10 years later....I would still say yes to him. Brooks is a wonderful husband with a servant's heart and he's an amazing dad. Plus, he is tall and can reach things that are up high. He's a keeper.

My sister came down to visit for a weekend....we went to Indiana Beach. It was super fun. Kim stayed with the babies so Brooks and I could ride some roller coasters. I just want to say, the Steel Hawg is AWESOME! We took a ride on the Shafer Queen...then stayed and watched the fireworks.


Poor Gigi...she was terrified of the Shafer Queen. It was really loud...plus she had seen the carp earlier and I think she was afraid we would toss her in.
Maya, on the other hand, thought the Shafer Queen was very entertaining....she just laughed and grinned the whole time.
We are dorks.
Family picture...minus Maya. I think Gigi was still worried we would throw her over.
This past week we have been super busy with Family Camp. We have been driving down for the evening services almost every night. The girls were stylin'....



Other random news and pictures:
I cut my hair...it's just below my shoulders now.
The girls will be rolling over very soon...they are rocking back and forth!
I started Christmas shopping. I know, it's too early, but I always wait until the last minute, so I'm forcing myself to shop early this year.
The girls had to get shots yesterday and now they are super fussy and sad. :( Poor babies.

The girls during a photo shoot with Aunt Kim

I have a new love for bows...the bigger, the better!

Maya and Mommy....I was trying to take a picture to show you my new haircut. Sorry!

Note to self:
Remember to blog more frequently so posts are not so insanely long.

1 comment:

aunt kim said...

yay! thanks for updating! i loved the little bio's you did of the girls, i think you should do them every month or so. i also want to see your hair! plus, the sunglasses = hilarious. kisses to all my logansport girls, and a side hug to brooks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...