Maya...I think she liked the taste of the bib more than the cereal!
This picture of Gigi cracks me up....every single picture we took of her eating looks the EXACT same! Plus, Brooks says it looks like she has a santa beard. :)
I knew when we had twins things would change. For example, a simple trip to the grocery store turns into multiple people stopping us and asking us about the girls. People are so curious about twins....which is fine and expected. What are unexpected, on the other hand, are the multitude of people who believe it's okay to say rude things to parents of twins. I can't believe some of the comments said to us! I know no one would say these things to a parent with only one baby. Here's some examples:
"Wow...they are both girls? One looks so much more feminine than the other one....that one looks really masculine!"
(WHAT!??!? You are saying one of my babies looks like a man?!? Jerk.)
"Wow, Mom...they must keep you busy"
"Brooks, how is babysitting going?"
(Now, neither of these two comments is very rude....except they make Brooks mad. The first comment is said frequently when we are all out together. He gets mad because they are his babies, too....why would people assume I do all the work? As far as the second comment goes, Brooks says "I'm not BABYSITTING...they are MY KIDS!")
"I wouldn't wish twins on my worst enemy!"
(Now, that's just mean! These are my babies you're talking about, weird lady!)
"That one is fatter than the other one"
(So? You're fatter than your boyfriend....but I don't point it out.)
"Wow...twins. Bet you wish you could take that mistake back, huh?!"
(When a guy I work with said this to me, I didn't even know what to say. I was stunned. I managed to say something about the girls being blessings and not mistakes, but he didn't believe me.)
"Did you use fertility meds?"
(Complete strangers asking me about very private details of my life....uncomfortable. Someday I'm going to work up the courage to reply, "Yes, do you douche?")
Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Public....it is rude to ask these questions and make these comments, regardless of the amount of babies someone has in their stroller!
This is how I found the girls the other day...when they were SUPPOSED to be sleeping. Maya was smiling and laughing, too...just not in the picture :)

"Wow, Mom...they must keep you busy"
"Brooks, how is babysitting going?"
(Now, neither of these two comments is very rude....except they make Brooks mad. The first comment is said frequently when we are all out together. He gets mad because they are his babies, too....why would people assume I do all the work? As far as the second comment goes, Brooks says "I'm not BABYSITTING...they are MY KIDS!")
"I wouldn't wish twins on my worst enemy!"
(Now, that's just mean! These are my babies you're talking about, weird lady!)
"That one is fatter than the other one"
(So? You're fatter than your boyfriend....but I don't point it out.)
"Wow...twins. Bet you wish you could take that mistake back, huh?!"
(When a guy I work with said this to me, I didn't even know what to say. I was stunned. I managed to say something about the girls being blessings and not mistakes, but he didn't believe me.)
"Did you use fertility meds?"
(Complete strangers asking me about very private details of my life....uncomfortable. Someday I'm going to work up the courage to reply, "Yes, do you douche?")
Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Public....it is rude to ask these questions and make these comments, regardless of the amount of babies someone has in their stroller!
This is how I found the girls the other day...when they were SUPPOSED to be sleeping. Maya was smiling and laughing, too...just not in the picture :)
9 comments:
Wow, I can't believe the comments you have gotten. I'm shocked that total strangers would even say such things!
Wow! That's crazy, I can't believe people can be so rude!
i have heard things like
"did you plan to have your girls so close in age?"
and "You and Jeremiah sure move fast...married with in a year and two kids before your 5th anniversary!"
But that's probably the extent of the rudeness. Your girls are so cute! Wish I lived closer to you and Doni so all of our girls could hang out:)
p.s. you were my fave R.A. :)
wow! i hesitate to even approach people with twins, because i know they get things like this all the time.
P.S. i want to beat up whoever said one was masculine. seriously.
I cannot believe the nerve of people!!! Jill, you are soooo funny. The girls are definately a blessing!
Sam hates the "babysitting" comment, too. Why is it so hard for the general population to understand that Dad is just as important as Mom and that dads are totally capable of caring for their own children?
Having a boy and a girl, I get comments like, "Oh, Monty looks JUST like his dad and Agatha looks JUST like you!"....which isn't really true. People just assume it is because Monty is tall...but they both have a mixture of features. Drives me NUTS!
I CAN'T believe you have gotten those comments! There are really strange people in the world...
Oh my goodness! Your blog is soo cute!!!! I was looking over Annie's shoulder and saw it and your blog is awesome! It is soo funny what people say and how rude they can be (I'm sure I've done it and not even realized it! I'll be more careful ;) Your babies are growing up so fast! I can't wait until they can talk because they are going to say the darnest things!! I can't believe their personalities are already starting to shine through! Babies are soo amazing!
I love your blog. My husband struggles with the "I'm not babysitting, I'm parenting concept" :)
that is he struggles with people who think he's babysitting . . . that didn't come out right.
Post a Comment