I feel HUGE. The belly is officially getting in the way of tying my shoes, getting the pans on the lower shelves, and fitting through a doorway sideways.

We had a doctor's appointment Thursday and I had the pleasure of doing my glucose test. Luckily, I think I passed (well, at least they didn't call me on Friday to tell me I failed). Dr. Murphy measured me and I'm measuring at 35 weeks.....if there was one baby. He said that is normal for twins, and he thinks they are growing properly.
We get to have an ultrasound done this coming Thursday morning (yay!) and then another doctor check up. I'm excited to see the girls again, and to make sure they are still both girls.

Lately, it seems that people are constantly asking me the same question, over and over again. "How are you feeling?" I'm assuming this is because I'm huge and appear miserable..... Normally, I smile and say "fine, thanks" or "I'm hanging in there", which is the partial truth.
What I really want to say is...
We had a doctor's appointment Thursday and I had the pleasure of doing my glucose test. Luckily, I think I passed (well, at least they didn't call me on Friday to tell me I failed). Dr. Murphy measured me and I'm measuring at 35 weeks.....if there was one baby. He said that is normal for twins, and he thinks they are growing properly.
We get to have an ultrasound done this coming Thursday morning (yay!) and then another doctor check up. I'm excited to see the girls again, and to make sure they are still both girls.

Lately, it seems that people are constantly asking me the same question, over and over again. "How are you feeling?" I'm assuming this is because I'm huge and appear miserable..... Normally, I smile and say "fine, thanks" or "I'm hanging in there", which is the partial truth.
What I really want to say is...
- I'm so tired I could lay down in the hall right here and sleep for 3 hours
- I can't sleep much at night....I have to sleep on my side, which makes my hips hurt. So I have to flip from side to side all night, alternating the pain. Plus, I get up to pee all night long, and sometimes have to wake up in the middle of the night to eat something because I'm so hungry I can't sleep.
- My legs go crazy at night when I lay down....they are itchy and I have to move them around constantly. It drives me bonkers, and I'm worried that I may need psychiatric care or at least some xanax.
- Did I mention I'm tired?
- I can't wear my wedding ring anymore...my fingers look chubbier.
- My belly itches all the time....the new stretch marks are lovely.
- I have cankles when I get home from work.
- I'm almost too big for my maternity clothes.
- My back hurts all the time.
- When I bend over, I can't breath.
- When I lay on my back, I can't breath and my arms go numb.
- When I eat a normal size meal, I can't breath.
- When I take the stairs at work, I can't breath.
I have a feeling if I started telling each person who asked me "How are you feeling?" how I'm REALLY feeling, they would stop talking to me. :)
In other news...here's some quick updates on our life:
- My dad is still in the hospital...please continue to pray for him, that his pain can be controlled.
- My mom is slowly feeling better from her back problem...pray that she will heal quickly so she can get back to caring for my dad and go back to work.
- Kim is amazing and has really been there for mom and dad...she's my hero.
- We bought another crib....it's cute.
- Brooks has been super busy so we are still sleeping in the nursery, on the mattress on the floor.
- We got to hang out with Brooks' mom and dad this weekend....it was so good to see them.
- I think my belly button might pop out soon.
- Brooks and I have a new nephew! He's 2 and super adorable......congrats Jason, Holly, Cade, Benji, and Herbie!
3 comments:
that sounds exactly like how I felt!!! the back pain WILL get better I promise. but the rest will stay the same. Have car rides gotten uncomfortable yet? I used to squinch up in pain at every bump in the road. you will feel SO much better once those girlies get here!
aw, jilly, those ARE the things I want to know when i ask how you are feeling. i'm glad you shared with us. waiting, on pins and needles, for the belly button to pop out. :-) love all five of you.
You're almost there! My belly button popped weeks ago:). I can't even imagine how you must be feeling because I am complaining all the time with one baby! Hang in there:)!
Post a Comment