Thursday, January 15, 2009

26 weeks

Well, I'm 26 weeks this week! That means if I deliver these babies around 36 weeks (which is typical for twins), we only have 10 weeks to go! The belly is growing and growing...see for yourself!



Brooks has been sick for the past week (fever, sore throat, lethargy, cough, generally feeling like poo) and he's finally starting to feel a little better. Somehow I've been able to stay fairly healthy except for a little sore throat and cold symptoms. Even Norah was sick puked in her cage this week--I don't know what that was all about, but it was gross.

Here's the nursery update!
Brooks has been working really hard getting the nursery ready. So far he has stripped the wallpaper off, patched and sanded the nasty plaster under the wallpaper, fixed the leak from the bathroom sink, refinished the wood trim around the floor and windows, installed a ceiling fan and wall sconce, and painted.

Our colors are pink, brown, and cream. We think the chocolate brown we painted the bottom part of the room is a little dark, but it think it will look better after all the stuff is in.
Also, note the wall sconce in the picture....it is on a dimmer switch and I think it will be perfect for night time feedings/crying babies.


Here's the ceiling fan Brooks put in...and if you look really close you can see how nice the wood trim looks around the floor. If you've been to our house, you can probably remember what it looked like before...not so good.

Here is a link to the bedding we have...it has pink elephants on it and is so cute. We wanted something pink (my request) and not really girly (Brooks' request).
BABY BEDDING

What have I done to help in the nursery? NOTHING. He won't let me help. My only role in the nursery set up will be painting some cute elephants on the walls and arranging (you know, the fun stuff).

Right now Brooks and I are sleeping in the nursery so he can paint our room. We have our big ole mattress on the floor (do you have any idea how difficult it is to be huge and round and try to get up off the FLOOR? oy vey). When our room is finished, we are getting new carpeting (no more torn up berber!)

In other news, we had a doctor's appt last week and everything looks good, we heard two strong heartbeats. My blood pressure is good, no contractions or bleeding, and I'm still working full time. I feel huge, exhausted, get new stretch marks every few days, and these girls are starting to really move inside my belly (and my ribs...ouch).

Here's some more random pictures:

The belly...my view
Yes, I made it black and white to hide a few stretch marks.
After the babies are born, I MIGHT stop posting tons of pictures of Norah. Maybe.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love pink and brown! Those are Lilly's colors too! I got the cutest bedding set from carters - it's pink with brown polka dots and then cream with brown and pink flowers embroidered in. I love how you painted the room too! I wish I could have done something like that too but with a boy and a girl it's hard to find something that'll work for both! Hope you're feeling well! If you have any more twin questions feel free to bug me! Especially with your registry - I got so much stuff I didn't need and not enough of what I did need!

Sweet Little Lovings said...

I love the nursery... and the bedding! the elephants are just too cute! I'm so jealous you have been able to start your nursery. Hannah is almost 3 months old and she still doesn't have a room. But our house is almost finished so I'll be able to put it together soon! :o) I can't wait to see your finished room! I've added your blog to the blogs that I 'stalk'! :oP

Micah said...

are you sure you didn't get that bedding from subliminalpoliticalmessagesforbabies.com ...? ;)

josh, julia, ethan, and amaya fisher said...

I love the nursery...the bedding is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

yay! the paint is way cute, and i think it will look very good with the bedding. you are getting bigger!! gosh, i'm pretty sure you will pop soon.

The Bontragers said...

Hi Jill, it was so fun to find your blog! Wow, you're having TWINS - congratulations x 2! Looking forward to following your journey!

Sondra
(used-to-be Stahl)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...