Tuesday, December 16, 2008

O Tannenbaum

Christmas is right around the corner!

On Saturday, Brooks and I were able to go get a Christmas tree from a REAL Christmas tree farm. Apparently, there are more options for live Christmas trees than just the hot dog stand and Marsh parking lots.

I found these pics from last year and they cracked me up.

Here's the trees, all leaning against the Marsh window. I'm pretty sure they were the dryest, most painful trees ever. They drew blood!

Here's Brooks, attempting to fit TWO trees into the Festiva (bleeding, I'm sure)

2 Christmas trees + 1 Ford Festiva + 1 scrunched up Brooks = SUCCESS!


So this year, we have the most beautiful, freshest tree ever! I love it...the needles are so soft. No bleeding hands this year. We put it on our porch because our living room is small.
In other news, we had a doctor's appointment last Thursday. We heard two strong heartbeats and everything looks good. The girls are moving around more and more and this week they found a new punching bag, my bladder.

The belly is growing all the time!
Someday, I'll take pictures when Brooks is home so I can actually have a full body belly shot. Right now I just try to hold the camera as far away as possible to get the whole belly in.

Here's some of my favorite things people have said to me lately:

Any day now you're going to have that baby!
(no....i still have 3 1/2 months)

Wow...you're HUGE!
(usually their eyes get big, they look horrified, and slowly back away from me after saying this....like my mucous plug will shoot out and hit them or something)

I'm glad it's you and not me!
(me, too)

I bet you have some gross stretch marks.
(wanna see?)

TWINS? How does that even happen!?!?
(really? are you really asking that?)

My wife gained over 70 pounds when she was pregnant...how much have you gained?
(A. Is your wife aware you are telling people this? B. None of your business, maintenance guy I barely know)

Have you peed on yourself yet while you're sleeping? No? Don't worry, it'll happen soon.
(what?!?!)

I'm sure there are more....but this is all I can think of right now. I think being pregnant makes people think they can say some of the craziest, rudest things to you. It cracks me up!

Now I'm off to make chicken and dumplings...yumm...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

funniest post this far! love you! can't wait til you pee yourself in bed!

jonathan & jessica said...

I totally feel your pain......when someone says to me "Whoa, you're huge!" I really want to reply back "You're ugly." Somehow that makes me feel better. You look WONDERFUL!!! Next, time someone makes a rude comment tell them "I am pregnant with TWINS, what's your excuse :)"

Micah said...

Whenever I talk to pregnant people, I always stick to safe topics, such as religion, politics, and weird food cravings (pickle-flavored ice cream!).

the Momma Bird said...

ha ha oh my gosh. I'm with ya! I actually had the computer teacher say to me while I was holding a milkshake in my hand - "you know, that's how you gain 40 lbs when you are pregnant" unbelievable! lol. Anyway, like Jessica said before, I feel like saying, "yeah, well I'm growing a freaking baby, and why havent you lost the weight yet?!" ha ha Enjoy the good moments, like those little girls rolling aroundin your belly :)

josh, julia, ethan, and amaya fisher said...

Jill, you are so funny! I truly enjoy reading your blog and hearing about your pregnancy. I'm so glad things are going well and that the girls are healthy! Being a mom is such a wonderful gift. I'm so glad you can laugh at how people comment...they just don't think do they?!

Kimi said...

Its so true how somehow pregnancy seems to be an open door for people to say whatever is on their minds! People will tell you the worst of the worst childbirth stories and colicky baby stories!! You look beautiful and you make carrying twins look so easy (though I highly doubt thats true!!). Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I think your belly looks beautiful and healthy! The longer those babies cook and the bigger they get, the easier their transition will be. You're doing a great job!

Unknown said...

Ok, who pees the bed, really? I didn't. Not in 20 years. And why did you need to know that! You know, the way to get people to shut up is to just say the words "mucus plug". That makes them cringe every time...even if they don't know what you're talking about. So have you started getting NST's yet?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...