Another 'catch up from this summer' blog post!
We
had lots of fun visitors this summer (it felt like we were running a
B&B sometimes!)....but one of our favorite was the Shaw family.
They were able to stay for a few days, and we had the best time hanging
out, visiting the locks, going to the beach, riding the four wheeler,
and visiting Tahquamenon Falls.
Of
all the fun things we experienced together, I think Tahquamenon Falls
was our favorite. If you've never experienced the falls, I highly
recommend it! There are two sets of waterfalls...the upper and
lower. The upper falls are 200 feet across and drop approx. 50 feet.
The lower falls consist of 5 smaller waterfalls that cascade around an
island.
We
had been told to take a rowboat across to the island. It costs $10 per
boat (if I remember correctly), but it was TOTALLY worth it! Not only
do you get a close up view of the scenery and falls, you get to walk
through the falls and explore the trails on the island. It is gorgeous
and so much fun for kids and adults to walk in the water.
If you 'go north' for vacation, you need to experience the falls!
Here are some pictures from our trip.
All the kiddos together...Ike, Olivia, Jorja, Gianna, Ava, Maya, and Allie...they were quite the crew!
Like
I said, we rented rowboats to get out to the falls. Jorja was NOT into
the boat...she hated the life jacket, the boat, and the water. She
cried and cried! Poor baby!
The Shaw's in their boat
Gorgeous view....you can see the end of the lower falls on the left side of the picture
Two cuties on the rowboat....Olivia and Maya
Katie and Ava, exploring the falls
Our little family....and yes, Olivia is in this picture. She's hiding behind Gianna
Miss Olivia Joy, enjoying the falls
We had such a great time with the Shaw family...it went by too quickly! I wish I would have taken more pictures.
If you are ever in the upper peninsula of Michigan, go see Tahquamenon! It's worth it!












1 comment:
Love reading your blogs, Jill...don't know how you find the time!! Loved the pics. This is where Tom and I went on our honeymoon, it is a beautiful place!! Hugs and kisses to you all!!
Post a Comment