Saturday, November 28, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving 2015!


This year, we did something a little different for Thanksgiving.  We always go 'home' to northwest Indiana to spend Thanksgiving with our family.  My mom and Brooks' parents live there, so we get to see the maximum amount of family by going down there. 

But this year, I had to work Monday and Tuesday and Brooks had to preach on Saturday.  Which would leave us just three short days for travel and Thanksgiving.  Now that we live 8 hours away, it just didn't seem worth it. 

 So we ended up staying here in Sault Sainte Marie for Thanksgiving.  We've had a great week so far!  Wednesday night we spent the evening with our friends....playing games, letting the kids play, and eating Chinese food.   Then on Thanksgiving, I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for the first time ever by myself!   It probable doesn't seem like a big deal to most people, but I was excited! 

The food was really yummy AND I successfully made homemade dinner rolls!   I did cheat on the pie and just made a frozen one, but I'm not a big baker. :)  We were able to have Brooks' Grandpa Strickland over for Thanksgiving dinner....it was such a privilege to spend the holiday with him!  I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, so I think I'll make him pose for a picture with the girls at church on Sunday. 

Our weather up here in the upper peninsula has been GREAT this year!  All the 'locals' have been telling us how beautiful it's been and how unusual the weather is.  We did get our first substantial  snowfall last week...and even that was only a few inches and it's melted again already.  

The girls had fun playing in the snow!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...