We have a new addition to our little family. No, not the baby! She isn't here YET (32 more days!).
For the girls' birthday, we got a fish. They have wanted a fish for a long time, so we finally got one. We got a pretty little Betta. He's blue, green, and purple and the girls were just thrilled to have a fish. We gave them the responsibility of naming him (or her? who knows with fish!). Almost immediately, they decided to name him "Pickles".
And so, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Pickles, the newest member of our little family. Please disregard the smudged fishbowl, the girls can't keep their hands off of it.
![]() |
| He's a handsome devil, isn't he? |
Lately, we've been having some nasty weather here. The temperate hovers at just above freezing and it's been raining almost daily. Once in a while, the rain changes to sleet and it's just plain gross outside. We've had so much rain that our driveway has been mud for weeks.
Today, we had a lovely morning. The sun was shining at it was around 50 degrees outside, so I decided to take the girls outside to play. Honestly, I would have rather stayed inside because I've been so exhausted lately, but my girls love being outside.
More rain is coming this evening (in fact, it's getting dark and cloudy out as I type this), but we got a good two hours outside of riding tricycles, swinging, and sliding. Spring is coming!
![]() |
| Olivia was yelling, "Yay, swing!" |
![]() |
| Big sisters are great for pushing the swing! Olivia kept yelling, "Higher, Maya! Higher, Gigi!" |
![]() |
| Poor Gianna...the sun really bothers her eyes. She said, "This sun hurts my blue eyes!" The rest of us all have brown eyes and the sun doesn't seem to bother us...maybe it is her blue eyes!? |
![]() |
![]() | |||||||||||
| Gianna chose her outfit today. Those are her second favorite socks. Her first favorite? Santa socks. |
![]() | |||||
| Discovering some of the first tulips, just poking their leaves out! |
![]() |
| Maya...digging for worms. |
And here's baby #4....and my swollen, odd-looking hand.
I think the baby is around 6 pounds right now, if she's growing on schedule. I'm still measuring a little bigger than I should be, but my OB says that's probably because of my past twin pregnancy.
I'm feeling....pregnant. I'm exhausted, I can't bend over, breathing has become a chore, stairs just about kill me, and I have awful heartburn. With each pregnancy, I have worse carpal tunnel pain. I woke up last night choking on my own heartburn-y spit. It was awful. The baby moves constantly and I'm pretty sure she's not head down yet. I feel her flipping around and my ribs and cervix hurt all the time.
![]() |
| My view from the top... |
So, yeah. I'm ready for her to come out! I'm excited about snuggling a precious little newborn and NOT being pregnant. I can't wait to sleep on my back, take a deep breath, see my feet, and hold my pee for more than 2 hours.















1 comment:
Yep I saw new addition and was totally thinking it was the baby:) We have fish just like that they are really hearty thank GOD! Oh yes those last few weeks are torturer on the body, praying you get some rest before she makes her grand arrival!
Post a Comment