Saturday, March 5, 2011

You know you're big when...


Wow. I feel huge.
I have 16 more days to go until my c-section date. Many people have told me that I look HUGE and they are just positive I'll go into labor before that date.

I think they forget that I carried the twins over 37 weeks...I had over 11 pounds of baby in me, not including 2 placentas and all that goes with that mess!

The last few weeks of pregnancy are the hardest, in my opinion. You feel huge, awkward, and your body is doing really weird things. I've been thinking about the 'joys' of pregnancy and here is my list.....how you know you are REALLY BIG and ALMOST DONE:


  1. You discover you have tyrannosaurus rex arms. They almost seem pointless because they can't reach around your huge middle. I can't reach the counter in the med room at work--I have to stand sideways. I can't reach my kitchen sink without turning sideways.
  2. You have to pee all. the. time.
  3. You pee so much that you stop replacing the roll of toilet paper on the holder. You just stack the toilet paper next to the toilet, because what's the point?? You're going to need a new roll every other hour!
  4. You're pretty sure half of your esophagus has been eaten away by stomach acid. Tums are your new best friend.
  5. Rolling over in bed has become a huge challenge. It involves grunting, groaning, multiple pillows, and occasional tears.
  6. You find that your maternity shirts don't cover your belly. Nice.
  7. You bump into people/chairs/walls with your belly because you don't realize how huge it really is.
  8. It's not even 50 degrees outside but you opt to go out without a coat on...and you're still sweating!
  9. You go by the "if it's yellow, let it mellow" rule in the bathroom. After using all that toilet paper, you need to save money on the water bill!
  10. You start using your stomach like a table.
  11. You are cooking something on the stove and realize you're almost burning your belly.
  12. You're afraid you may drown one night in a pool of your own drool (this might just be me...but it's gross).
  13. You've seriously considered wearing a diaper at night so you don't have to get up and pee so much. Or a catheter....but a diaper would be less invasive.
  14. You dream about 'what I'm going to do when I'm not pregnant...'. My top dream is to sleep on my back. :)
That's all I can think of for now. But, yeah, I'm ready for those 16 days to fly by!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I totally agree!! I'm only 15 weeks and am already peeing all the time and I don't flush at night either! :) I vetoed a coat about 3 weeks ago. If I wear anything, its a zip up fleece, but usually I just hate wearing anything b/c I sweat so much.

Stephen and Michelle said...

Your list made me laugh. So true.

I love the last one...the two things I dreamed about the most of on my list of "can't wait to do" was to sleep on my stomach (which was funny because I NEVER sleep on my stomach normally) and to be able to hug Stephen (like for real hug him, not polite side hug him). :)
Michelle

Tracy said...

Ha! Your list is perfect! I felt all those things when I was pregnant with my twins. Especially the rolling over thing. UGH.

Hope you're enjoying sleeping on your back NOW - if you're getting any sleep with your adorable newborn. :)

PS: I found your blog from the Multiples and More site.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...