Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas!

We had fun with our girls...they were even able to open some gifts (kind of...they mostly tore off a piece of wrapping paper and tried to eat it). Besides having twin girls, this Christmas was definitely different than other years because:

1. I did not bake at all...NOTHING. No cookies, no candy, no cake....nothing.

2. We never did get a Christmas tree up. The pumpkins did finally rot and were removed from the front steps...there is still some frozen pumpkin goo out there.

3. I didn't put up many decorations. Pretty much just my nativity set with a rope light thrown behind it and our Christmas countdown calendar (which has two 22nds on it...those people at Bronner's owe me some money).

4. Brooks and I sang in the Christmas cantata at church....yes, SANG. I still can't believe it myself. I'm not saying it sounded good, but it happened.

5. This was the first Christmas of my life without my Dad. I missed him a lot...I saw a box of Lifesavers at Wal-Mart and started crying a little in the aisle. He always read the Christmas story to us before we opened presents...nothing was quite the same this year.

6. On the Sayer side of the family, we had 7.5 kids there. It was craziness...5.5 were under 2 years old! So fun :)

Here are some pictures from the Sayer family Christmas...

Sean

The huge pile of wrapping paper....and Maya in a box
Kayla and her awesome American Girl doll
Aunt Leah, Gianna, and baby Clementine
I love this picture of Sean and Maya :)
Logan...I kept trying to figure out a way that I could just bring him home and keep him, but Jason and Holly wouldn't let me. He is so sweet!
Gigi in da box
Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Sayer...holding Gianna
Andy and Addie
Supermodel documentary hour! Sometimes I think Gigi looks a little like Addie.

Of course, we had to attempt to get a picture of all the grandkids together. We did okay this time....except that poor Addie was starving and these pictures were preventing her from eating.

From left to right: Logan, Sean, Maya, Kayla, Gianna, Cade, and Addie
Kids minus poor Addie
Grandma and Grandpa stepped in to help :)


Here are few pictures from the time we spent with my side of the family. I didn't take many pictures...it is hard to open gifts and take pictures at the same time! Also, if I put up some of the super unflattering pictures I took of my sister, she might kill me.

Grandma helping Maya open her present...it was a baby Elmo!

She loved it!
Grandma and snuggly Gianna


And finally, here are some random pictures from Christmas.

Maya in her Christmas dress...
The girls on Christmas Sunday morning...
In dresses that Aunt Kim made...Maya looks like she is whispering to Gigi


Believe it or not, that is a happy face from Maya

So that was our Christmas! It went by too quickly....but we're excited to begin a new year. 2009 has been a challenging, heartbreaking, and wonderful year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...