Friday, December 11, 2009

Long Update

Well, I haven't blogged in a long time.....meaning about 2 months. I'm sorry! Life has just been flying by so quickly. I promise to attempt to update more frequently.

My baby girls are now 8 months old, as of the end of November. They both weigh about 20 pounds and are wearing 9-12 month clothes. They love crumpling paper, books, playing with spoons and lids, the dog, and talking while Daddy is preaching.

Maya (L), Gianna (R)

Maya Irene

Maya is still my content child....although now she is on the move! If you remember, I was a little worried about Maya. She didn't start rolling until a month after her sister. Now, she is moving even more than Gianna! Maya log rolls everywhere. She can go across the living room and down the hall before you even realize she's moving! I think she will crawl any day now...she scoots on her belly and almost does an army crawl, she just wants to go.



Maya smiles easily and laughs at almost anything, especially her Daddy. She likes to pick up toys and bang them together...or she will bang her hands/toys on her high chair tray. She loves people's faces and will cup your cheeks in her hands and try to eat your nose. Maya gives the BEST sloppy, wet kisses.

She tends to be a little more reserved than Gianna and does not like really loud noises and being picked up suddenly when she doesn't know you're there. She has started throwing little 'fits'...like if she is really tired and we are changing her diaper. She will scream and arch her back, trying to scoot away from you. It has made diaper changing more challenging!



Gianna Sue


Gianna seems to just be constantly amazed at the world. Her eyes and mouth seem to always be WIDE open....and she will kick and shake her arms and legs when she gets excited (which is frequently). She loves standing up. I could see her trying to walk before she crawls...she just wants to be up and moving. She has the cutest laugh, but makes you work a little harder to hear it! She likes quality comedy. Gigi squeals and coos frequently, and puts everything in her mouth...including Norah, my hair, her shirt, my shirt, every single toy, Maya's foot, Maya's hand, and any finger that holds still long enough.



She adores Norah and gets so excited any time Norah comes anywhere near her. Gigi is such a good eater. She is always ready for another bite, and will sit waiting with her mouth open for the next spoonful. She is an expert at blowing raspberries. Gianna likes to snuggle and when she gets tired, she will lay her head on your shoulder and coo. She has four teeth now (Maya has none) and has Grandma's blue eyes.

Poor baby has had two double ear infections this fall. We think the first round of antibiotics didn't totally clear up the first infection.....so she got sick again. Luckily she is great at taking her medicine.




So what have we been up to the last few months? Here's a quick recap:

--My uncle died (my Mom's brother)...we went up to Chesterton for the funeral and were able to see quite a few family members who we haven't seen for a long time. It's sad that it took a funeral to get everyone together, but...I think life just gets too busy and we need something to make us stop.

--On Thanksgiving Day, I realized I had left my purse at Applebee's in Chesterton....then I realized my camera was in the purse...then some guy backed into my car in the Marsh parking lot. Lovely.

--We had our 5th annual church FREE Thanksgiving Dinner. We planned on enough food for 150 people and prayed that we would run out of food. God certainly answered our prayers! We had the privilege of feeding around 200 hungry and lonely people on Thanksgiving. We had to make an emergency grocery store run because we ran out of food! I don't have any pictures because of the purse situation.

--My poor mother in law got a nasty virus over Thanksgiving, so we ended up spending Thanksgiving weekend with the Indianapolis Sayer family---Brooks' brother, his wife, and four kiddos. It was great to see them, and I don't have any pictures because my camera was in my purse at Applebee's. Grr.

--The Sunday after Thanksgiving, my Uncle Lee, Aunt Becky, Uncle Dan, and Nana all came down to Logansport. Aunt Becky and Uncle Lee led a song service for us at church. It was great to see everyone. Poor Gigi started not feeling well that day....the next day, I took her back to the pediatrician and found out she had another double ear infection. :(

--This past week, my Mom went to the hospital with abdominal pain. After being sent home, then going back to the hospital, they found out her appendix had burst! She had surgery and was in the hospital for several days. Now she is back at home, feeling a little better. Poor Momma :(

--Brooks and I bought a Wii and I love it...especially Wii Fit. So fun!!

--We took the girls to get 'professional' pictures. They did well for the first 10 minutes, then screamed the rest of the time. Literally. It was so bad the photographer didn't charge us the full price. I kept telling her, "They are never like this...they are usually such good babies!". She was probably thinking, "Yeah, right, lady! Heard that one before!"



So, there you go...our life in a pistachio shell. Here are some more pictures:

Maya and Nana

Maya and Great Uncle Dan
The girls waking up from a nap
Christmas outfits from Aunt Kim
(almost every cute outfit is from Aunt Kim!)
I love Gigi's blue eyes...

Maya rolled over and got caught in the diaper bag strap

People keep asking me if I'm ready for Christmas....the answer is NO! My pumpkins are sitting on the front steps...they didn't get carved and I'm still not ready for Halloween.
We have a lot of Christmas shopping finished, but we only have a handful of decorations up and still no Christmas tree. I'm thinking of just putting some santa hats on my pumpkins and calling it Christmas.

Anyone know if pumpkin seeds are still good after they are frozen?


3 comments:

Megan said...

Yes! Pumpkin seeds are still good even if they have been frozen. As a matter of fact, I often freeze my seeds to store them over the winter until I need them in the spring. It helps to ensure that they don't rot.

Your girls are adorable! I can't believe how big they are! Agatha is only 22 pounds at 14 months old (she must be a lot taller, though...she's in 12-18 month clothes). Enjoy your first family Christmas...and just remember: They won't remember any of it! Things do get very, very exciting though once they hit about 2 1/2. Then they totally get the idea of Christmas. It's awesome :)

Unknown said...

My pumpkins are still sitting on my front porch too! I was just looking at them yesterday thinking how rotten and nasty they probably are on the bottoms and how i'm too afraid to throw them away now :)

Megan's right about christmas - i'm pretty sure my kids still won't understand what's going on this year except that Lilly sings jingle bells all the time! Lesson being, try to enjoy the holidays and don't worry about the girls - they'll have a blast no matter what. especially with that awesome left over paper!

ElisaBeth said...

The girls are getting so big... they are adorable! As always love your funny posts. :) Hope your mom is feeling better soon!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...