It's been way too long since I've updated our blog. Sorry! We've had a lot of sickness in our home. I was first in line with the flu and then a bad cold, which I then passed on to Brooks (I like to share). Brooks felt so terrible last weekend that we had to un-invite people to our house.
The girls were doing okay...just stuffy noses...until last night. Gianna woke up around 11p.m., screaming, with a fever. She was such a sad little girl. None of us (except Maya) got much sleep last night. I've never been so thankful for pacifiers and a good swing in my life.
Yay for sleep props!
After some Tylenol, her temperature went down from 102 to 99.1. She is still running a fever after the Tylenol wears off, but at least she can sleep a little now. I'm praying that Maya doesn't get it. Having one sick baby is bad enough....but two? Yikes!
Besides our gross sickness, we've just been busy with church, work, and babies. We are excited about the new children's program that started last Sunday...and our free Thanksgiving Dinner! The holidays are coming up quickly....are you ready? :)
Here are some pictures from the pumpkin patch....it's almost time for the girls' first Halloween! I can't wait to see them all dressed up!


Maya spit up all over her dress right when we got there.
This is Gigi's normal look right now...she always has her tongue just barely sticking out of her mouth.
The girls are almost 7 months old. They are rolling and moving everywhere! They can sit up for a few minutes, then will just topple over. We've had several face plants recently.
They love 'talking' to you, grabbing faces, pulling on necklaces and glasses, and chewing on their toes. They have both started holding their own bottles and reaching for toys and for mommy...which I love right now (I'll probably hate it when they start going through a clingy phase).
They eat like cows. I had NO idea babies ate so much. We go through so much baby food....usually about 5 of the 2nd food containers per meal. In the morning they eat a banana, cereal, and then 8 ounces of formula each on top of that. Little chunkers.
Sine the last blog update, the girls have been going through some major life changes. Not only did we put up another crib and separate them, we took away their swaddles! Poor babies...we just went 'cold turkey' and stopped swaddling them one day. The tears flowed...the screaming seemed unending...the sobs were heart wrenching (both mine and the girls). But they survived, and now we have two girls who go to sleep by just lying in their crib. It's wonderful...no more swaddle wrestling matches!
This is the nursery with both cribs...I know it's messy! I've been busy!
Note Gigi sleeping in the swing...she is sick in this picture :(
Both girls seem to like sleeping on their side...so cute!

Gigi got her first tooth...then her second tooth! Maya still doesn't have any teeth, but she has all the hair :)
Tooth #1
Tooth #1 and tooth #2
Maya
Squishy Maya...I just love those cheeks!
Gianna smiling at mom...even with a 101.8 degree temp! What a good girl!

Maya...she loves rolling around on the floor
The girls were doing okay...just stuffy noses...until last night. Gianna woke up around 11p.m., screaming, with a fever. She was such a sad little girl. None of us (except Maya) got much sleep last night. I've never been so thankful for pacifiers and a good swing in my life.
Yay for sleep props!
After some Tylenol, her temperature went down from 102 to 99.1. She is still running a fever after the Tylenol wears off, but at least she can sleep a little now. I'm praying that Maya doesn't get it. Having one sick baby is bad enough....but two? Yikes!
Besides our gross sickness, we've just been busy with church, work, and babies. We are excited about the new children's program that started last Sunday...and our free Thanksgiving Dinner! The holidays are coming up quickly....are you ready? :)
Here are some pictures from the pumpkin patch....it's almost time for the girls' first Halloween! I can't wait to see them all dressed up!

Maya spit up all over her dress right when we got there.

This is Gigi's normal look right now...she always has her tongue just barely sticking out of her mouth.

The girls are almost 7 months old. They are rolling and moving everywhere! They can sit up for a few minutes, then will just topple over. We've had several face plants recently.
They love 'talking' to you, grabbing faces, pulling on necklaces and glasses, and chewing on their toes. They have both started holding their own bottles and reaching for toys and for mommy...which I love right now (I'll probably hate it when they start going through a clingy phase).
They eat like cows. I had NO idea babies ate so much. We go through so much baby food....usually about 5 of the 2nd food containers per meal. In the morning they eat a banana, cereal, and then 8 ounces of formula each on top of that. Little chunkers.
Sine the last blog update, the girls have been going through some major life changes. Not only did we put up another crib and separate them, we took away their swaddles! Poor babies...we just went 'cold turkey' and stopped swaddling them one day. The tears flowed...the screaming seemed unending...the sobs were heart wrenching (both mine and the girls). But they survived, and now we have two girls who go to sleep by just lying in their crib. It's wonderful...no more swaddle wrestling matches!
This is the nursery with both cribs...I know it's messy! I've been busy!
Note Gigi sleeping in the swing...she is sick in this picture :(
Both girls seem to like sleeping on their side...so cute!
Gigi got her first tooth...then her second tooth! Maya still doesn't have any teeth, but she has all the hair :)
Tooth #1
Tooth #1 and tooth #2
Maya
Squishy Maya...I just love those cheeks!
Gianna smiling at mom...even with a 101.8 degree temp! What a good girl!
Maya...she loves rolling around on the floor
That's my update for now...check back soon because I have some 'homemade' laundry detergent recipes that I'm going to review.
Adios.
Adios.
1 comment:
I'm glad you're making it through your first fever! My kids were nice enough not to share their colds/flus with each other even though they were constantly sharing toys and spit. Hopefully you'll have that luck too! On a random note, I feel like I should give you a heads up on the sticking the legs through the crib thing. Lilly LOVES to sleep like that but one morning I found her with her leg totally stuck between the slats. We had to lube her up with lotion to get her leg out. It ended up all swollen and hard for at least a month (she must have been like that all night but is such a non-complainer that she didn't even fuss!) Needless to say, one heart attack and 4 months later, she still has red marks on her leg from it! I don't want to make you paranoid but I had no idea kids did that until she did!
Post a Comment